Broken body mounts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will try my luck then, thank you @Darren Wes :)

surprisingly I don't know what I did to the truck... how cold does it have to be for the plastic to become brittle?

I wonder if @Dustin Mustangs trick with the zip ties on the body mounts work on the fury, i'm sure it would but I'm not sure how he loops them (the zip ties are colored black too). Oh and may I add that the fury's body is much wider (which can touch the tires if all the way down) so when I got mine otb the setting there was where it had snapped some I'm questioning if it works the same way?
"How is your front mount adjusted? I have mine all the way down and it has been holding up great. And like you said, broken ones can be zip tied back on and then subsequent breaks only require new zip ties. There are four zip ties used here if you look close:"

image-jpeg.1036
image-jpeg.1037

I mean I see it but not sure how to do this for fury...

Last edited:
I wonder if @Dustin Mustangs trick with the zip ties on the body mounts work on the fury, i'm sure it would but I'm not sure how he loops them (the zip ties are colored black too). Oh and may I add that the fury's body is much wider (which can touch the tires if all the way down) so when I got mine otb the setting there was where it had snapped some I'm questioning if it works the same way?
"How is your front mount adjusted? I have mine all the way down and it has been holding up great. And like you said, broken ones can be zip tied back on and then subsequent breaks only require new zip ties. There are four zip ties used here if you look close:"

image-jpeg.1036
image-jpeg.1037

I mean I see it but not sure how to do this for fury...

Looks the same as granite body post mounting setup. Once you take out the set screw in front, that is holding broken piece in, you can push broken piece out of hole.

You'll reinstall that piece at bottom in front with the mount braces, only thing you'll be changing is the actual post that hold the body.

If you need anymore help or pics, just let me know.
Oh yah, there are 2 body post clips down inside of that area. They're a bit of a pain to put back in, hope you have some needle nose pliers.

Looks the same as granite body post mounting setup. Once you take out the set screw in front, that is holding broken piece in, you can push broken piece out of hole.

You'll reinstall that piece at bottom in front with the mount braces, only thing you'll be changing is the actual post that hold the body.

If you need anymore help or pics, just let me know.
Oh yah, there are 2 body post clips down inside of that area. They're a bit of a pain to put back in, hope you have some needle nose pliers.
oh yeah, sorry I didn't clarify, that was the granite that Dustin had

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back