Kraton 4s V2 Motor swap?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KratonTheGreek

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Greetings to the community!!
Was thinking changing my motor and leave my esc as it is.
Any suggestions?

You’d get a little more torque with a 4268 motor and I think your ESC could handle it.

Why do you want to change the motor?

A friend told me nstead of playing on 4s cause it reaches to his limits with the stock esc. And play it on 3s with a bigger motor.
What is your opinion?
Thnx btw

A friend told me nstead of playing on 4s cause it reaches to his limits with the stock esc. And play it on 3s with a bigger motor.
What is your opinion?
Thnx btw
The opposite is true. Lower voltage and a bigger motor will likely push more current through the system. It could be harder on the ESC.

What problems have you had with your ESC?

I just changed my esc and motor on my Kraton 4S V2 to the Hobbywing Max8 2250kv 4278 combo. The main reason for the switch was the esc, not the motor. The stock Spektrum esc is very limited with programming options. Two of the main items not programmable are the BEC voltage (set at 6.0v) and the low voltage cut-off (not sure what that is set at). I felt like my truck was going into LVC much to quickly with about 3.7v per cell in the 4S battery. I haven't had a chance to test the LVC yet but I sure like the power this new combo provided.

I switched it also to a 4274 combo with 150a esc. Way much power on 4s and i stopped cogging also with this combo.
But i need to put a bigger pinion than the stock to manage my temps.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back