Butchering bodies to fit as one

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That arm looks simple enough to design and 3D print. Know anyone?
Wish I did. Unless there’s another Arrma vehicle I can use rear lowers that is identical but a little longer. Then I can drill new holes that creates the new toe in.

Someone called my name..

Gonna build a bat signal only it'll be a Tex Koder signal for when folks are in need of printing stuff. I don't know what your signal would be. A TK3D in the sky?

Any ideas on printing a set of arms for this truck with a reverse in toe? That something possible? I have no 3d printing experience. From what I gather you like challenges in the 3d department 😁

Someone called my name..
Need some help on my mega slayer. My second rear axle the toe is out because of the whole rear is flipped, the chassis is designed for toe in. Can you make rear lowers that are 10mm longer by the carrier Or design them to have the proper toe in.

Gonna build a bat signal only it'll be a Tex Koder signal for when folks are in need of printing stuff. I don't know what your signal would be. A TK3D in the sky?

Interesting..
I'm going to have to give that some thought..
Dc Comics Batman GIF

Any ideas on printing a set of arms for this truck with a reverse in toe? That something possible? I have no 3d printing experience. From what I gather you like challenges in the 3d department 😁

Need some help on my mega slayer. My second rear axle the toe is out because of the whole rear is flipped, the chassis is designed for toe in. Can you make rear lowers that are 10mm longer by the carrier Or design them to have the proper toe in.

Wouldn't you rather have Both Rear sets of arms pointing Straight ahead?

So what you really need is a Custom Pair with the toe-in designed to zero degrees.
Preferably at the inner hinge pin location instead of at the wheel hub..

Interesting..
Dc Comics Batman GIF

So what you really need is a Custom Pair with the toe-in designed to zero degrees.

Could go the rout of the dirt trackers. Adjustable arms but designed for the infraction. Pretty simple by design.

image2-5-e1562860523710.jpeg.jpg

3242hr.jpg

Could go the rout of the dirt trackers. Adjustable arms but designed for the infraction. Pretty simple by design.

View attachment 312215

View attachment 312216

It seems simple when they are injection molded pieces..
If I made these arms in pieces like that and then held together with M3 screws, it will not hold up well in actual usage..

I already know I'm going to have to make these custom arms extra beefy (ie: thick) to begin with -as a single piece unit- to handle the weight and stresses of his truck ,just from looking at it..
IF I design them like those other arms, they would be so Thick that they'll very likely rub up against the driveshafts... 🤣🤦‍♂️

It seems simple when they are injection molded pieces..
If I made these arms in pieces like that and then held together with M3 screws, it will not hold up well in actual usage..

I already know I'm going to have to make these custom arms extra beefy (ie: thick) to begin with -as a single piece unit- to handle the weight and stresses of his truck ,just from looking at it..
IF I design them like those other arms, they would be so Thick that they'll very likely rub up against the driveshafts... 🤣🤦‍♂️

Thank you for the education on this! You have a very valid point 🙃

Interesting..
Dc Comics Batman GIF

The chassis has the inner hinge mount with the toe in. The arms are straight as an arrow. I could try to see if I can drill out a hole to where it’s at zero degrees. I would need to buy a couple chassis just make sure I have a spare if I mess up lol.

IMG_5687.png

The chassis has the inner hinge mount with the toe in. The arms are straight as an arrow. I could try to see if I can drill out a hole to where it’s at zero degrees. I would need to buy a couple chassis just make sure I have a spare if I mess up lol.

View attachment 312238

You probably don't want to mess with drilling the chassis hinge pin holes at all.. That's going to really compromise the strength in that area.

I was referring to the arms themselves.
To design in an 0° toe-in ,for both the set of arms -original set to the whole chassis and the additional set you made for the half chassis.
So that the rear wheels will all point straight ahead.
Not sure if that's what your envisioning also..
Or something that you are wanting to do.
PM me if that's something you might want to invest in/pursue. 👍

Last edited:
Here's the initial rough draft of what I have in mind..

1690750443822.png

Basically a custom set of arms that has all the original hinge pin holes locations.. but with a slight pivot of 2 to 2.4° (maybe 3° ?) built into the arms themselves to offset the toe-in from the chassis.

Near Final Draft -

with a 3° pivot to counteract the built-in Rear chassis toe-in.

1690862069064.png

Will print a prototype to validate against my SR-X rear portion..

1690862777966.png

1690862752665.png

Will take about 3 hours and 16 minutes to complete.

I will report back as soon as it's done.

Prototype v0.3c

IMG_20230801_112455177.jpg

IMG_20230801_112433061.jpg

IMG_20230801_112420280.jpg

Mounted on the Rear 3S/4S chassis
(Front of chassis is missing obviously.. front is towards the bottom.)
IMG_20230801_110824222.jpg

Stock toe-in ,on the LEFT.

0° toe ,on the RIGHT.

IMG_20230801_111013977.jpg

No drilling necessary.
Direct drop in ,uses OEM hinge pins.

Prototype v0.3c

View attachment 314741

View attachment 314742

View attachment 314743

Mounted on the Rear 3S/4S chassis
(Front of chassis is missing obviously.. front is towards the bottom.)
View attachment 314744

Stock toe-in ,on the LEFT.

0° toe ,on the RIGHT.

View attachment 314747

No drilling necessary.
Direct drop in ,uses OEM hinge pins.
Beautiful work. Perfect plan. Congrats on your Hospitality banner. How is it you don’t have the Excellence banner yet? You are a true resource here, sir.

I don't know how i missed this thread! Good to see another loony creating 6 wheelers. Would love to see loads of pictures of the the chassis without the body to see all the wiring and motor layouts etc. From the sound of it you are running dual esc and motors like i am rather than a through shaft on the 'middle axle' diff?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back