Butchering bodies to fit as one

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Springfield1980

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m hoping this turns out good,
I’m going to merge the rear fender panels To combine as one cohesive piece. Since the current body is longer that stock I needed two bodies to make it happen. Laying the new rear quarter panels on the pre existing body it should be flexible enough. And going to do rivet bolts (2.5m) throughout the truck.

IMG_5685.jpeg

IMG_5209.jpeg

Show us more!
I don’t have current pictures of the inside of the chassis. My previous posts shows what it use to look like. It’s running on two 4s 120A esc and two 2400kv motors. Blx trans and slipper eliminator 42t spur 19t pinion

IMG_5213.jpeg

IMG_5216.jpeg

IMG_5215.jpeg

IMG_5214.jpeg

I'm sure glad I don't have your tire replacement expense! 🤣
Yeah I get that a lot. It’s not that bad. Plus it’s a drifter. It’s not for speed. Way to heavy lol.

I think its @dure16 that has stickers hes making? If it is maybe you could contact him about getting what your looking for made?
I’d love to help if I could but I’ve never made a sticker in my life 🤷‍♂️

My question is-

What are you doing about the rear section being backwards in regards to toe angle?
You've got negative toe on the front axle and positive toe on the rear?
I ordered two pairs of rear lowers to dial it in right. I’m pretty close just a little bit more adjusting. Going to use a course thread screw to keep in place.

IMG_5665.jpeg

IMG_5666.jpeg

IMG_5667.jpeg

IMG_5668.jpeg

IMG_5669.jpeg

Darn memory man.....🤣
Its @Sheed85 that was doing them!
I fixed that brain fart up there 😅

I'm the worst when it comes to memory 😪

But I'd be happy to help if you need some stock..ish die cut vinyl decals or even custom ones. I just did some for my typhon...

20230623_234717.jpg

20230712_150212.jpg

I ordered two pairs of rear lowers to dial it in right. I’m pretty close just a little bit more adjusting. Going to use a course thread screw to keep in place.

View attachment 312198

View attachment 312199

View attachment 312200

View attachment 312201

View attachment 312202

Color me a newb but.. if there is toe built into the arm/hub - could you switch left for right/ flip them and get the toe to be opposite?
Thats how its done in the 2wd traxxas world. I have no experience with the infraction 3s to know the arms.

Color me a newb but.. if there is toe built into the arm/hub - could you switch left for right/ flip them and get the toe to be opposite?
Thats how its done in the 2wd traxxas world. I have no experience with the infraction 3s to know the arms.
Unfortunately no. The toe in is built on the chassis along with the bulkhead. Leaves me with very little room to make adjustments.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back