Calling all speed runners..what failsafe throttle position rate are you guys using? Need some help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So since I really don't go much above 80 mph .the highest I've gone was I think 93 mph setting the fail safe at 0 would be fine? 0 being full brake??? I don't use drag break so that's eliminated
No, I think 0 would be zero throttle, zero brake.

I'll have to strap this bi+ch down to my stand 🤣 .I got a feeling it's gonna shoot backwards like a bat out of hell
That’s what she said…

What is the default setting to the failsafe out of the box? Must I remind you I have not gone through the settings yet.alls I did was remove the flysky FS-GT5 radio and receiver out .put that back in my boat and connected the radio link receiver .stearing and throttle.i have not yet even turned it on .got busy with yard work and now I'm at work on lunch so I can try anything until I get home later.

Set drag brake on the ESC. Best way to do it...

If you do a test slide the motor back or pull the pinion.
Oh boyeeee. I just got the red blinking death light gone a week ago and went through so many different synerios and tests and resetting and recalibrating .that crap gave me a headache
So messin with the ESC is no bueno .I get lost lol...what if I test the fail safe by turning on the ESC first then radio?

But shouldn't there be some sort of brakes if you loose transmission?
Think of it this way… The failsafe “throttle” curve goes from -100% to 0% to +100%, so think of your trigger. 100% is full throttle. 0% is no throttle, -100% would be full brake. I think. 🤔
Set drag brake on the ESC. Best way to do it...
+1
If you do a test slide the motor back or pull the pinion.
But then you couldn’t test the brake, right? If you set it, for example, at -25% on failsafe setting?

.Oh boyeeee. I just got the red blinking death light gone a week ago and went through so many different synerios and tests and resetting and recalibrating .that crap gave me a headache
So messin with the ESC is no bueno
You need a program card, man.
.I get lost lol...what if I test the fail safe by turning on the ESC first then radio?
Nothing will happen.

Think of it this way… The failsafe “throttle” curve goes from -100% to 0% to +100%, so think of your trigger. 100% is full throttle. 0% is no throttle, -100% would be full brake. I think. 🤔

+1

But then you couldn’t test the brake, right? If you set it, for example, at -25% on failsafe setting?

My fear is 100% brakes might also equal full reverse, unless you disable reverse on the esc and put it into forward / brake mode.

I was thinking you strap a lower voltage lipo in there (for safety). Put the car up on a block (for safety). Hold mid throttle and then switch the radio off and see what happens (y)

My fear is 100% brakes might also equal full reverse, unless you disable reverse on the esc and put it into forward / brake mode.
I’ll test it when I get the rig out, I’ll totally be the huckleberry. You have to hit the trigger back twice to get reverse, so I’m confident you’d just get brake. I’ll let you know. 😂
was thinking you strap a lower voltage lipo in there (for safety). Put the car up on a block (for safety). Hold mid throttle and then switch the radio off and see what happens (y)
That still wouldn’t test brake function though, you wouldn’t really know, right? Not arguing, just talking it out trying to get my mind around this.

I was thinking you strap a lower voltage lipo in there (for safety). Put the car up on a block (for safety). Hold mid throttle and then switch the radio off and see what happens (y)
Well that's what I meant by strapping it to a stand .. turning the esc on first before the radio..the fail safe should kick on by default and prevent it from running off right???

Well that's what I meant by strapping it to a stand .. turning the esc on first before the radio..the fail safe should kick on by default and prevent it from running off right???
Sometimes the ESC wont "begin" normal operation untill it has radio signal. That is why I would recommend making it a drive scenario and then turn off the radio.

I sure hope you find it ..I have watched about 20 videos on Radiolink RC4GS and of which none explain from personal experience what rate is not good and which is decent and what is best 🤷 I suppose there is no best since many have their own preference.but I'm sure for speed running their must be a certain level that is agreed by many ..I think I might just end up setting fail safe to like 80 percent ..I can test what 80 percent is like by setting the brake at 80 and see what that feels like at the speeds I normally go.i don't go over 80 much so if I can find a happy medium I'm should be fine ..now what confuses me is on Radiolink is the negative 100 and positive 100 ..🤷. Channel 3 on Radiolink RC4GS is default for trimming your throttle and stearing.unless you want to change the channel to 4 or 5 .
I don't take credit by anyone in this but I do had experienced by myself.
the F/S: Throttle mean: 0 to -100 ( just like u push trigger foward untill totaly stop). Same thing if u put rate +80 it will cause ur car continuos cruised in 80% speed when ur lost signal untill crash.

Steering: if u put -100 is to turn totally to left & +100 is to right (usually suitable for boat) I let it to auto set it by my subtrim rate.
Other channel is depend how u setup in ur AUX-CH. All together will triggered when u come to failsafe.

I don't know about Rc4gs transmitter but i had the Rc6gs but assume it the same. I hope thats help...

I don't take credit by anyone in this but I do had experienced by myself.
the F/S: Throttle mean: 0 to -100 ( just like u push trigger foward untill totaly stop). Same thing if u put rate +80 it will cause ur car continuos cruised in 80% speed when ur lost signal untill crash.

Steering: if u put -100 is to turn totally to left & +100 is to right (usually suitable for boat) I let it to auto set it by my subtrim rate.
Other channel is depend how u setup in ur AUX-CH. All together will triggered when u come to failsafe.

I don't know about Rc4gs transmitter but i had the Rc6gs but assume it the same. I hope thats help...
Thanks for the info.

What if my ESC setting is Forward/Brake/Reverse and I set the F/S Throttle to -80
Will the car brake at 80% or engage reverse at 80% when F/S is activated?

If you do it in failsafe settings you should not get reverse, only brake. If you set it at -80% you might get 80% brake. I don’t think any of us really know at this point until someone gets out there to try it.

Thanks for the info.

What if my ESC setting is Forward/Brake/Reverse and I set the F/S Throttle to -80
Will the car brake at 80% or engage reverse at 80% when F/S is activated?
The esc setting doent effected the TX setup when in come to failsafe IMO. Except when crawler's setting with FORWARD/REVERSE then u get 80% reversed( at 80 F/S rate). Neutral is "0" btw.

The esc setting doent effected the TX setup when in come to failsafe IMO. Except when crawler's setting with FORWARD/REVERSE then u get 80% reversed( at 80 F/S rate). Neutral is "0" btw.
The drag brake is a function set in the ESC. The failsafe function is programmed in the transmitter, with neutral setting at 0%. F/S setting mixing is apparently possible. If you don’t enable f/s in the transmitter menus than it would not be saved, correct?

Back