can this battery be fixed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yaboyhamz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Typhon 3s
  5. Typhon 6s
battery was not properly strapped and flew out mid bash, when the battery is connected to the charger it only reads all 4 cells when the red and black wire are held at a certain angle otherwise it only reads 3 of the cells. Doesn't seem to be an issue with the battery leads, only when I move the main wires.

esc will not turn on unless I pull the red and black wire too.

thanks

I've soldered new leads on but I'm unsure about soldering too the cells, is it possible/ worth it?

Unless you are really good with an iron I would buy a new battery. You don't want the cell to pop in your face.

If you want to give it a try you need a super hot iron. Put a little flux on the tab and a tiny dab of solder on the iron. While holding everything in place dab the iron on the solder joint, hold the iron down for a count of 1. You need to do the solder joint fast to keep the heat from bleeding into the battery cell.

Last edited:
Unless you are really good with an iron I would buy a new battery. You don't want the cell to pop in your face.

If you want to give it a try you need a super hot iron. Put a little flux on the tab and a tiny dab of solder on the iron. While holding everything in place dab the iron on the solder joint, hold the iron down for a count of 1. You need to do the solder joint fast to keep the heat from bleeding into the battery cell.

I agree with this.

I just want to add- please do this outside!!!

I've repaired wires on the outside of the batteries, haven't attempted any repairs beneath the shrink wrap yet.. I'm contemplating that one still. I have several 3 and 4s packs with one bad cell each. I'd like to save the good cells, but not at the expense of a garage fire,LOL.

I've opened up two hard cases and reattached balance leads and I'm definitely new to soldering. It's not super scary. The real tricky part is how much heat the battery tabs suck out of the iron. If you have a large wattage gun style iron that would help.

You could always just open up the hardcase or shrink wrap to get a good look. Couldn't hurt anymore than it currently is sitting.

I've opened up two hard cases and reattached balance leads and I'm definitely new to soldering. It's not super scary. The real tricky part is how much heat the battery tabs suck out of the iron. If you have a large wattage gun style iron that would help.

You could always just open up the hardcase or shrink wrap to get a good look. Couldn't hurt anymore than it currently is sitting.
I opened up one of my hardcase batteries to have a look.. as far as I got. Thinking it'll be a challenge with a 40watt Weller..🤔
No guts no glory right?!😉

I opened up one of my hardcase batteries to have a look.. as far as I got. Thinking it'll be a challenge with a 40watt Weller..🤔
No guts no glory right?!😉
Is that the batteries guts? Or your guts??? :ROFLMAO:

salt watered it :( rip CNHL battery you deserved better than to not be strapped in properly
Salute Shaw GIF

any experience with these?
https://chinahobbyline.com/collecti...ery-with-qs8-plug?_pos=5&_fid=b451ce68d&_ss=c

I want to get another one of these so theyre matching pairs, but I see the black ones are a bit larger mah with trade off of higher continous and lower burst C. does that matter too much if Im just bashing around? Would I be able to get away with only buying one of the 10000 black ones and pairing it with my other 9500 white one?
https://chinahobbyline.com/collecti...1&_fid=f2250c9d5&_ss=c&variant=42646870229206

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back