Limitless Cap pack installation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fenwick17

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Typhon 3s
  5. Vendetta
Getting ready to put a cap pack on my esc. Does the distance from the esc to the pack have to be equal on both wires or as long as it's less than 3" it doesn't matter? Thanks

Shorter wiring helps with ripple big time..running packs in series causes ripple much worse ..example 2 2s packs on 4s vs 1 4s pack..try to install cap closest to esc for best results like so

20230428_235318.jpg

Thanks 1 pack 8s. Was wondering if wire lengths had to equal?
I honestly don't think it matters all that much...depending on your definition of "equal". If by equal you mean exact measurement to the mm or 10 thousandths of an inch...that's probably veering towards the anal retentive. But I don't think having one side be an inch and the other six is the way to go either. If they're about the same length within reason, I'm certain you'll be fine. But yeah, as @K-BASH said, try to get your pigtails as close to the base of the power terminals on the ESC as possible for best results.
IMG_0512.JPG

Thanks 1 pack 8s. Was wondering if wire lengths had to equal?
A few MM's difference does not matter. But having the same distance of both Pos and Neg should be easy enough IMHO.
And both should be within an Inch ideally. Like stated above, Ripple control is best achieved, the closer the Cap wires are to the ESC's PCB.
Also, the Cap wires should ideally be the same guage of the ESC Mains Wires or larger. You don't want Resistance to reduce the Cap Packs Ripple control effect.
The Shortest Cap pack Wires that is feasible IS best. Don't want too much Cap pack wire distance. Then you are going backwards again. Resistance is not your friend.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back