Castle 1650 repair.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john 8s

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
I was out running and throttle wire came off of the motor. Is it able to be soldered back on?

Okay thanks. Just wasn’t sure.

Just to confirm, you’re saying one of these wires de-soldered?

1695679473212.png

Yes it came off in middle of the run.

I’d be concerned as to why it came off.. was it ripped off? Did it get so hot it desoldered itself? Is there a loose bullet connection? 🤔

I’d be concerned as to why it came off.. was it ripped off? Did it get so hot it desoldered itself? Is there a loose bullet connection? 🤔
I was thinking this as well after I made my post. Those wires just don't up and fall off on their own.

I’m not sure the exact reason, it happened mid run. Motor didn’t feel to hot. Freak of nature thing.

Maybe just a bad solder job from the manufacturer. I’d check the bullets and make sure they’re tight.

I checked them, they were tight in the esc. Still had steering. Tried a different motor and everything was good so it didn’t hurt the esc any. (Luckily)

Lucky they didnt touch otherwise firebomb.. quess how i know
I usually use one Heatshrink tube over the center terminal B Tab covering that middle solder joint. Insurance against dead shorting the others adjacent to it. I don't cover the other 2.
But you can if you want.

I usually use one Heatshrink tube over the center terminal B Tab covering that middle solder joint. Insurance against dead shorting the others adjacent to it. I don't cover the other 2.
But you can if you want.
I tried to get my blx 150 to get out of the 5 green lights of death . I pluged the connector when i was giving slight throttle and it caught fire

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back