Castle 6.5mm connectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stink

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi guys,

Anybody use them? Opinions?

Everything I have had EC5's on it then I got tired of them coming apart on hard landings. I've been switching them out on my 4S & 8S applications to QS8 but I'm not real happy with them either.

Hi guys,

Anybody use them? Opinions?

Everything I have had EC5's on it then I got tired of them coming apart on hard landings. I've been switching them out on my 4S & 8S applications to QS8 but I'm not real happy with them either.
You had EC5s come apart? ???

I’ve had some pretty brutal crashes and never even had a single EC5 start to separate.

Hi guys. Just to give an update on my quest for a better polarized bullet connector. the castle style is not it for me. Easy to solder, impossible to assemble in the plastic housing.I couldn't get the bullets in the housing without destroying it. maybe the genuine article is better But I bought a bunch of hobbystar copies of castles 6.5 polarized connectors, on sale and cheap so I don't mind giving up on them. I'll stick with ec5 for 10ga and smaller and qs8 for 8 ga. I've sworn off non e-flite imitation ec5 though.

fwiw.. I just went through a pack of those same Hobbystars.. ruined a bunch figuring everything out. The best way I found to get the connectors seated is to use smooth jaw channel locks so they don't chew up the connectors. Also it helps if using 8 gauge that the jacket isn't too thick. If you have a problem pulling them through, you're going to have problems pushing them in. I also used my vice but it's kind of a pain.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back