CC 1717-1650 v. TP 4050SVM-2580 for a limitless V1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dk10438

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
Currently I'm running a 1717 and I'm thinking of a TP. Which motor is going more powerful? I don't want to invert the motor and don't want to modify the car to make a 4060 fit. Thoughts??
t

The 1717-1650 is a proven workhorse but I am very curious about that 4050-SVM

All that RPM would sound amazing though 😈

I’m debating on getting the SVM for my VTE2.. I really want the 4060 2150kv motor.

The 1717-1650 is a proven workhorse but I am very curious about that 4050-SVM

All that RPM would sound amazing though 😈

I’m debating on getting the SVM for my VTE2.. I really want the 4060 2150kv motor.
why not get a 4080? BTW, thanks for the springs! They really made a huge difference. My Hobao is finally dialed in. Ran 137 mph on Saturday....
I might just get a 4050 and try to stuff it into the Serpent and if if doesn't fit I can experiment with the limitless.

I think I'd rather have the 1717 if not willing to reverse motor mount. All the cans that can fit seem so tiny to me lol. Flip that motor mount, get emp battery/esc tray and a tp 4080 or 4070 :cool:

Just don't go too high on the kv rating if you go TP. The XLX2 doesn't mix well with high-kv 6-pole motors. I think general rule of thumb says to stay below 1400kv.
Oh
Forgot about that issue!!
Gonna have to rethink this.

why not get a 4080? BTW, thanks for the springs! They really made a huge difference. My Hobao is finally dialed in. Ran 137 mph on Saturday....
I might just get a 4050 and try to stuff it into the Serpent and if if doesn't fit I can experiment with the limitless.

Nice! And the springs look pretty cool too lol

I wanna keep the weight down as much as possible since it’ll be mostly for drag racing

Currently I'm running a 1717 and I'm thinking of a TP. Which motor is going more powerful? I don't want to invert the motor and don't want to modify the car to make a 4060 fit. Thoughts??
t
4050 svm is a great motor. What voltage you plan on running?? I have a custom kv but went 116 on 2s and just started pushing 3s. So far 129 on 3s. It is a small motor so any weight savings you could do would help a ton. In my infraction I did away with front shocks and center braces and got a scortched torsion bar thing to stiffen it back up. I may be biased but I'd vote for 4050svm all day. Are you speed running???? If not speedruning maybe 1717 would be a better bash motor. If you want to run low volts, you can get a high kv 6pole. The rpms seem to be the limiting factor.

Crazy how that works. I had a tp 5650 1920 kv in my felony paired with an mmx8s and it worked perfectly fine. Now it's in a typhon GT but still working hard with the MMX8S. Sucks castle was too lazy to figure it out with the xlx2.

Crazy how that works. I had a tp 5650 1920 kv in my felony paired with an mmx8s and it worked perfectly fine. Now it's in a typhon GT but still working hard with the MMX8S. Sucks castle was too lazy to figure it out with the xlx2.
It's crazy that as good as the xlx2 is, it's the weak point with these big motors. I run low voltage so I pull a lot of amps but my tp4080 will only be 125⁰ after a pass and the xlx2 will be 160⁰ plus. On the big diameter cans it's even lower on the motor temps but about the same on esc temps. A true 600 or 700 continuous amp esc is the type of thing I dream about at night lol 😆 with a 1000 or 12000 burst. 😌😍😊

I've almost met my speed goals for my limitless on 8S so I wanted t
4050 svm is a great motor. What voltage you plan on running?? I have a custom kv but went 116 on 2s and just started pushing 3s. So far 129 on 3s. It is a small motor so any weight savings you could do would help a ton. In my infraction I did away with front shocks and center braces and got a scortched torsion bar thing to stiffen it back up. I may be biased but I'd vote for 4050svm all day. Are you speed running???? If not speedruning maybe 1717 would be a better bash motor. If you want to run low volts, you can get a high kv 6pole. The rpms seem to be the limiting factor.
I'm close to reaching my goal which is 140 mph with the car on 8S so I want to experiment with lower voltages, probably 6S or might consider 4S. I'm just kicking around ideas TBH. The street that I run on probably can't accommodate much more than 140mph so rather than pushing for greater speeds I think I'm going to target 140 mph with lower voltages. I'm really just wanting to mix things up a bit...

I've almost met my speed goals for my limitless on 8S so I wanted t

I'm close to reaching my goal which is 140 mph with the car on 8S so I want to experiment with lower voltages, probably 6S or might consider 4S. I'm just kicking around ideas TBH. The street that I run on probably can't accommodate much more than 140mph so rather than pushing for greater speeds I think I'm going to target 140 mph with lower voltages. I'm really just wanting to mix things up a bit...
Bro this is right up my ally!!!!!!! Definitely get svm high kv and run 4s. If you been running 8s then you already got the lipos. You can hit 140 on 4s with an efficient car. I did 137 on 3s with a 1/7 scale gt. I'd be mire than happy to help as well if you ever need any. Low volts is where it's at bro. Sooo much fun and a challenge as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back