Talion Center axle alternative? Accociated ASC89577.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
My bashing buddy has a Talion V2. He has been pretzeling his front center bone. I'm having a hard time finding him a replacement online other than ebay that sells all cvd's/bones in a package or places that have the price jacked up.

I found an associated 136mm dogbone and was curious if anyone else tried that out in the Kraton or Talion. Without having it in hand to compare, I'm tempted to suggest he spend the $12 and hope it fits. It's 1mm longer, so more likely to bend, but should fit in regards to length. However, I don't know if they are measuring from pin to pin or end to end and I also don't know if the arrma one is listed in length from pin to pin or end to end.

This is the one I found:
https://www.teamassociated.com/parts/details/89577-ASC89577-rtr_dogbones_136_mm/

Was thinking if it does work, then he can still get that for a decent price, then do the tower to tower brace mod to hopefully avoid bending it.

Forgot to mention, the bone I need to replace is AR310460.

I'm actually curious as to how he keeps bending that bone? Maybe the Hot Racing aluminum chassis brace would stop that from happening? As far as the Associated one, 12 bucks is worth a shot. If it fits, having a spare on hand is a good idea. Fell victim to having to buy the full set off ebay for the one I bent. So now thee are spares for the others in the Talion. That's ok with me.

I'm actually curious as to how he keeps bending that bone? Maybe the Hot Racing aluminum chassis brace would stop that from happening? As far as the Associated one, 12 bucks is worth a shot. If it fits, having a spare on hand is a good idea. Fell victim to having to buy the full set off ebay for the one I bent. So now thee are spares for the others in the Talion. That's ok with me.
He has the hot racing front/rear chassis braces. The last bend he did, I was there for. It was a big jump and he came down with the front contacting the ground first.

Can see the landing here at 2:42:

Oh the Humanity!! LOL some nice air there. I thought the one where he landed in the park on the rear looked more brutal than the front landing. Bash on.... Nice video!

Oh the Humanity!! LOL some nice air there. I thought the one where he landed in the park on the rear looked more brutal than the front landing. Bash on.... Nice video!
Yeah, I was sure that landing would have cost him a shock tower. It was too dark or the camera would have picked up the shock spring retainers both popping off and bouncing away. I was sure when I saw the hit and the parts flying it was shock caps. Really crazy that there didn't appear to be any real damage.

I blew a diff in my savage flux in the previous video at the beginning of our bash and ended with busting a shock cap on my converted eJato. We did not go home with a single working truck. lol

I think the 95F temps got to us!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back