Kraton Center diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatCatRC

FatCat Team Racing
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
So kind of annoyed with Armma, 3 of 4 screws were completely stripped from factory. Like the allan key can spin in the heads they're so rounded. they are circle not hex lol. Now im gunna have to drill off the heads to get them out. Not happy considering what the truck cost.

So kind of annoyed with Armma, 3 of 4 screws were completely stripped from factory. Like the allan key can spin in the heads they're so rounded. they are circle not hex lol. Now im gunna have to drill off the heads to get them out. Not happy considering what the truck cost.
Make sure to contact horizon they should send a whole new diff

I need a better phone for pics

Attachments

• IMG_20200503_013904.jpg
    IMG_20200503_013904.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20200503_013916.jpg
    IMG_20200503_013916.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20200503_013943.jpg
    IMG_20200503_013943.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20200503_013946.jpg
    IMG_20200503_013946.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20200503_013948.jpg
    IMG_20200503_013948.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 65
It's like your focus on your phone is bass ackwards, everything in the background is clear as day but the diff is all fuzzy.

I feel your pain about the factory assembly of these things. If it wouldn't have cost so much I would have sent my Outcast back. Screws stripped out everywhere, screw holes stripped out, steering links were not set to any particular length, pretty sure the front toe was at like 10* on one side and 15* on the other, one of the rear camber links was backwards, one pillow ball retainer was crossthreaded and everything was coated in red threadlock.

If you want to take a better picture, put the diff down on a table and shoot a pic. Holding it up in the air is the issue. Some cameras don’t center focus. They average focus and the corners win. If the background is the same distance or at least much closer, the whole image will be in focus. The reason for this is the low aperture of the camera. Professionals like the bokah effect. However non-professionals are usually annoyed by it.

don't waste your time... dremel a slot into it and use a flat head to unscrew it. You are going to need a stock pile of 3mm and 4 mm screws anyway. Just make sure you use good tools when working on it. Mip for the win.

If you want to take a better picture, put the diff down on a table and shoot a pic. Holding it up in the air is the issue. Some cameras don’t center focus. They average focus and the corners win. If the background is the same distance or at least much closer, the whole image will be in focus. The reason for this is the low aperture of the camera. Professionals like the bokah effect. However non-professionals are usually annoyed by it.
I tried for 3 hours last night to get a better pic.

don't waste your time... dremel a slot into it and use a flat head to unscrew it. You are going to need a stock pile of 3mm and 4 mm screws anyway. Just make sure you use good tools when working on it. Mip for the win.
This x100. Slot them.

Alcetel pos
Mip? Do they offer a screw set(not staneless junk)
What phone do you have?
Alcetel pos :(

Just make sure to put it on a table or other surface with good lighting. Don’t use a flash.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back