Kraton Centre diff not turning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ktc888

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
This car is about to go in the bin

I have now fully rebuilt the kraton. But now the centre diff if not spinning. So when I press the throttle it don't move.

Opened it all up. All cogs are still like new the car has only been run twice

Any suggestions will be appriciated

How is the pinion/ spur gear mesh? If it's too tight it won't move. I think I can see the spur trying to move in your vid.

Seems OK I can turn it by hand quite easy

Picture

Should my dog bones be spinning oposite to each other??

Attachments

• 20181115_144248.jpg
    20181115_144248.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 61
With the motor out, does the pinion turn with throttle? Just want to make sure you don't have a motor or ESC issue.

Was the center diff part of your rebuild?

can you make a quick video of what's happening with the entire truck, the front and rear wheels and the center diff with the throttle on?

Last edited:
Will do mate its stripped back down at the min but in the middle of rebuilding. Should the dog bones front centre diff to front and back wheels turn opposite each other ??

Mine doesn't but I'm running a really heavy Center diff fluid to the point where it's almost locked up. But with factory setup I do believe that's normal due to the lighter diff fluid. what was happening when you press on the throttle?

Will do mate its stripped back down at the min but in the middle of rebuilding. Should the dog bones front centre diff to front and back wheels turn opposite each other ??

If I hold the center spur gear to keep it from moving and roll the truck, the front and rear dogbones turn in opposite directions. So yes. That's normal. You need to find why the spur and pinion are binding.

Set your car up on a box or something and while the wheels are free and pull the throttle it will give you a good idea what's going on

Last edited:
If you can push the car easily manually and you can spin the spur gear manually then the problem has to be in that diff.

You flipped one of your diffs. If you roll the truck forward, both dogbones should spin the SAME way.

Open the front and rear diffs, and make sure the ring gear is on the same side of the gearbox as the indent in the chassis.

You flipped one of your diffs. If you roll the truck forward, both dogbones should spin the SAME way.

Open the front and rear diffs, and make sure the ring gear is on the same side of the gearbox as the indent in the chassis.
Well guys I'm back up and running. Thanks for all replys. Found out the dog bone to the front was bent and had popped out and lodged itself under the esu. My bad ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back