Chassis brace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your chassis brace is inspiring, seems efficient and simple. I'll do something similar on my Kraton I think.
I also purchased GPM front & rear braces, what do you guys think about this brand?

I heard it's cheap aluminum but probably stronger than stock. I'm looking at their diff housing for my Outcast. The screws keep coming lose and it leaks fluid so I figured a cheap aluminum one with some thread locker should fix it. Haha or I could keep tightening them after every run.

Did you try red loctite to keep them in place?

The stock housing is plastic and I was told never to use thread locker on plastic because it will eat away at it. I just Googled it and it says to use super glue as thread locker for a screw that's going in to plastic.

I heard it's cheap aluminum but probably stronger than stock. I'm looking at their diff housing for my Outcast. The screws keep coming lose and it leaks fluid so I figured a cheap aluminum one with some thread locker should fix it. Haha or I could keep tightening them after every run.

I'd have to say go with gka or voltage for a good quality part.

I'd have to say go with gka or voltage for a good quality part.

I agree 100%. Voltage and GKA are the best. I'm between jobs at the moment so I'm going cheap. Haha and if it fails, gives me a reason to tinker with it. :)

U can use locktite 401 for metal to plastic

There's so many kinds of thread locker out there. Haha I'll check out that 401. Thank you.

There's so many kinds of thread locker out there. Haha I'll check out that 401. Thank you.

Np I use it on my screws for the lower chassis braces and the center diff brace.works good and it holds up to 250 degrees so heat won't b a factor. And it also isn't so strong of a bond that it causes problems when removing the screws either.

20180520_091641.jpg

20180520_091534.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back