Typhon Chassis's bend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Besides my mishap from last weekend, how often do the chassis bend?
Stuff will happen, and you will get a chassis bend....

I've never had one to date, but I am as proactive as I can be to help deflect stress in the even of. M2C products for shock mounts/wing, stand-offs, better chassis brace support, weight from parts, batteries, silicone spray on plastics like the arms to help be more pliable to break there first, etc.

Nothing is 100%, but so far, I have been lucky!

This ^ but the swb chassis is less prone to bending vs the long and XL wheelbase chassis.
True dat.
Quite hard to bend a SWB Arrma chassis. Short of abuse. User error there for sure. As you drive better, you should bend them less frequently if at all. Never ever bent My TLRT or Notorious SWB chassis. Especially the V5 RTR SWB chassis, they were designed stronger at the rear where they would usually bend and twist first.
Are you running Alloy Upgrade FF and RR braces. The plastic stockers only contribute to folding a chassis. Also the Typhon doesn't have any T2T brace FWIW. Get alloy F and R braces. Hammer your chassis straight if possible. It will never be perfectly straight again. But may be good enough. Or go to JennysRC to buy another. Your call.

>>>My best recommendation is to replace with the TLRT 7075 alloy SWB Typhon Chassis from JennysRC. If speaking of your 6s Typhon.
The price is right. (y) And buy some alloy braces while you rebuild it. I run EXB F/R braces on my TLRT Typhon. HR or M2C are good as well. If you are still bending the chassis after using these parts , better rethink how you are driving your Typhon. I run mine only with 4s packs. 6s seems way overpowered for this light 1/8 buggy. IMHO. Tried 6s several times. 4s is best for me.

https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...s-black-aluminum-short-wheel-base-swb-ara8306

Last edited:
True dat.
Quite hard to bend a SWB Arrma chassis. Short of abuse. User error there for sure. As you drive better, you should bend them less frequently if at all. Never ever bent My TLRT or Notorious SWB chassis. Especially the V5 RTR SWB chassis, they were designed stronger at the rear where they would usually bend and twist first.
Are you running Alloy Upgrade FF and RR braces. The plastic stockers only contribute to folding a chassis. Also the Typhon doesn't have any T2T brace FWIW. Get alloy F and R braces. Hammer your chassis straight if possible. It will never be perfectly straight again. But may be good enough. Or go to JennysRC to buy another. Your call.

>>>My best recommendation is to replace with the TLRT 7075 alloy SWB Typhon Chassis from JennysRC.
I have one arriving tomorrow from JennysRC. Along with a list of other parts that were bent.

True dat.

>>>My best recommendation is to replace with the TLRT 7075 alloy SWB Typhon Chassis from JennysRC. If speaking of your 6s Typhon.
The price is right. (y) And buy some alloy braces while you rebuild it. I run EXB F/R braces on my TLRT Typhon. HR or M2C are good as well. If you are still bending the chassis after using these parts , better rethink how you are driving your Typhon. I run mine only with 4s packs. 6s seems way overpowered for this light 1/8 buggy. IMHO. Tried 6s several times. 4s is best for me.

https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...s-black-aluminum-short-wheel-base-swb-ara8306
My og Outcast chassis I had so long that the droop screws started to poke through the ears lol

You never answered if that was a v5 SWB chassis?

Mine have both been to the moon on nosedives, Notorious still has composite braces but t2t.

If no t2t then alloy braces on my buggies.

IMG_1949.jpeg

My T2T's have bowed/ bent slightly on several of mine, early on when introduced on the V4 6s platform. Whether with Alloy F/R braces or not.
Now I've installed CF tube sleeving over every single T2T equipped 6s I own. No more Bending whatsoever. At all.
There was a reason that the New K6S EXB T2T setup was completely redesigned into 2 pieces and fixed at the center diff mount, which is also now all alloy supported. Resembling the 8s line chassis setup. That new EXB K6 is absolutely a winner IMHO. The best 6s platform Arrma offers for hard bashing. Just when are they actually releasing it and all its parts??? What a bargain actually. :unsure::unsure:

Last edited:
my kraton v5 chassis has taken a beating its got dints in it no black paint left on it at all. and ever so slightly bent

my kraton v5 chassis has taken a beating its got dints in it no black paint left on it at all. and ever so slightly bent
My Kraton EXB chassis look like a 2x4 you pull out of the bargain bin.

True dat.

Thank you, this helps.

IMO, the TLRT Typhon's specific TLRT chassis and its TLRT Shocks are what truly separates the Standard RTR Typhon from the TLRT variant. Nothing more. All you really need for a standard Typhon. Modding in the Notorious T2T somehow, would make it a tank for hard bashing. But the Stocker body would have to be raised considerably. Some guys have done just that. I prefer my Typhon buggy body low and tight to the chassis. Chassis stays way cleaner as designed. By adding in the Notorious' taller chassis side skirts you can keep dirt out better. Just that the Center of Gravity gets raised to some degree and also looks odd, FWIW. The plus with doing this is that you can run taller 6s packs. Best to keep CoG always low as possible. Especially when running 6s packs out bashing.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back