Granite Choices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s_rhoden

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Alright guys I am definitely addicted to RCs now and am looking for more than I think the voltage I bought can give me. Looking for input on the BRCC Granite BLX or the OutKast 4s. I plan on keeping my voltage for runs with my son because we both have them but I’m wanting more. Ahhhhh I should have never bought my son one! It’s to addicting and cheaper than taking the truck wheeling.

Any of those are a fine choice. I would include the Kraton 4S in that group. There are no bad choices there. Just loads of fun. Obviously the 4S will be a little bit faster if you gear them up, but the 3S are still pretty quick too.

Alright guys I am definitely addicted to RCs now and am looking for more than I think the voltage I bought can give me. Looking for input on the BRCC Granite BLX or the OutKast 4s. I plan on keeping my voltage for runs with my son because we both have them but I’m wanting more. Ahhhhh I should have never bought my son one! It’s to addicting and cheaper than taking the truck wheeling.
All are good trucks.

The difference between the Granite and the BRCC comes down to the length of the chassis. The BRCC is longer and makes it a little easier to keep the front wheels on the ground. That said I think the Granite handles a little better out of the box and that's because the tires on the BRCC are absolute junk. The Granite ones aren't great but they aren't nearly as bad as the BRCC's which are too narrow and make the truck prone to rolling in turns. Both trucks will benefit from the HR 17mm wheel adapters/extenders. The added width helps but you will need to buy tires with a 17mm hex. Stock tires have a 14mm hex.

I don't own the Outcast 4S so I can't tell you definitively how it drives. I can guess that it will drive much like the Granite, but less prone to rolling in hard turns due to the wider stance (chassis length is the same). It will also be more stable at speed due to the added weight and a wing.

Like @jondilly1974 suggested, the Kraton 4S is also a great truck. That one I own. It handles well and can be geared up to be very fast. It won't rotate in the air as quickly as the Outcast but for most drivers it won't make a difference. You can pull doubles and triples with it anyway.

It's a tough decision but you really can't go wrong. All 4 trucks are built on a plastic chassis and share a lot of the same components. The biggest advantage the 4s trucks have over the 3s trucks is the ability to handle rougher terrain. So consider that. Good luck!???

i Would lean towards the 4S Kraton or the Granite BLX.

Can you elaborate a little on why? Just trying to hear all the reasons. I have a bit before my purchase so just trying to weed through and figure out all I can before making a purchase.

Can you elaborate a little on why? Just trying to hear all the reasons. I have a bit before my purchase so just trying to weed through and figure out all I can before making a purchase.
I'm not the one you replied to, but I will pipe in anyways ??

The BRCC has crap tires, and goofy bumpers, but it has the LWB chassis and a nice looking body.

I would buy the Granite for the SWB chassis if I wanted a trick truck. This means flips are easier. The Granite tires are better than the BRCC. It is a fun little truck for sure.

The OC4S is a wider, faster, taller version of the Granite. It has issues with a-arms being easier to break since it has a wider stance and much larger tires. But a set of RPM arms solves that.

The K4S is a wider, faster, taller version of the BRCC. You will want the same RPM arms as above for the same reasons.

The other issue I have with the 4S trucks is the wheel hexes and nuts. I prefer a real 17mm hex and nut. Get the Hot Racing hexes instead.

All of the above will need a new radio (STX2 sucks) and servo. A $25 Amazon servo will do fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back