Granite Compatible parts between 3S models?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorentz82

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Outcast 6s
Hi

I have the Granite for my son and think its awesomely fun to drive! almost more fun than my notorious 6s (monster).

I now wonder if i should get a little 3S for my self also and started wondering wich models share the most parts?

The Granite for example seem to share parts with Big Rock and Senton the most. Am i right?

The Typhon have a longer chassi, as do the senton.

So can we clarify wich 3S models share the most part if im going to own two its easier if the share the most parts :)

Thanks.

That is correct.

The main 'differences' are the lengths of their chassis (SWB, LWB, XLWB) plus their suspension arms, turnbuckles and driveshafts.
All of the 3S lineup share parts!
Even some of the parts off the 4S (ex: Kraton 4S V2) line can be exchanged..

So, you can take parts off of any of the models you mentioned and swap them with one another.

Consider getting yourself a Big Rock.

PS-
Go to JennysRC.com and do a model search and you can see (in their description) what parts will interchange with which..

They are a great resource for spare parts too.
Just try to buy in bulk ,cause their shipping fees are a tad high.. Just a heads up.

That is correct.

The main 'differences' are the lengths of their chassis (SWB, LWB, XLWB) plus their suspension arms, turnbuckles and driveshafts.

So, you can take parts off of any of the models you mentioned and swap them with one another.

PS-
Go to JennysRC.com and do a model search and you can see (in their description) what parts will interchange with which..

Just try to buy in bulk ,cause their shipping fees are a tad high.. Just a heads up.
Thanks i will consider the big rock, but i also liked the Vorteks, allways been a fan of the Truggys.
But then again it would be nice if the driveshafts where the same so i will check out JennysRC.com for that.
Thanks again :)

Thanks i will consider the big rock, but i also liked the Vorteks, allways been a fan of the Truggys.
But then again it would be nice if the driveshafts where the same so i will check out JennysRC.com for that.

If that's what you're wanting then look at the Senton 3S.

The vorteks is unique for having special shocks and shock towers that only this model uses. if you look for the most similar car i would say the Senton, yes it's chassis is longer but all the other parts are the same.. arms, links, shocks, axels and so on. big rock and typhon have wider arms and links (typhon have different axles)

That is correct.

PS-

+1
IF
I wanted any Arrma 3s 4x4 myself , it would absolutely be the BR.
Hands down.:cool:

Like the other user suggested, the Vorteks has shorter shocks than the other 3S vehicles. This has made finding more durable aftermarket shocks more difficult.
That being said it's been a really fun car and is on sale on Horizon Hobby until June 18. I believe it's also the only 3S car that comes with AVC and has the highest out-of-box top speed as well (if that's your thing).

Hi

I have the Granite for my son and think its awesomely fun to drive! almost more fun than my notorious 6s (monster).

I now wonder if i should get a little 3S for my self also and started wondering wich models share the most parts?

The Granite for example seem to share parts with Big Rock and Senton the most. Am i right?

The Typhon have a longer chassi, as do the senton.

So can we clarify wich 3S models share the most part if im going to own two its easier if the share the most parts :)

Thanks.
I had the same concern as you. I had a senton and then bought a typhon. I since converted my Senton to a typhon as well. They do share many parts and have identical chassis's. More than once, I have taken parts from 1 to another to keep a rig in play.

So i think the Vorteks might be my next car as the Granite and Vorteks share many parts. And also fun to try out the newer electronics.
The two car would also accompany each other well in terms of capabilities. So my son and me could drive at the same spots and have fun together. Thats what its all about. 🙏🏻

Just ordered myself a Vorteks in purple 🤪
This will be fun and more on par with the Granite. But i will probably have 3s in mine while my 5 year old runs 2s. 👍

This will be fun and more on par with the Granite. But i will probably have 3s in mine while my 5 year old runs 2s. 👍

You're going to have a Blast with it!

Good job ordering the best color 😎 My body is already beat up so I'm scheming on ordering a new body, reinforcing with drywall tape, and adding a Typhon rear wing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back