Infraction Infraction build/parts compatibility

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bashedin22

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Voltage
Hi all,
I was "forced" to buy an infraction mega... Too cheap to not at $150. Planning an obvious brushless upgrade instantly. Going to use all stock parts from Jenny's (unless someone can be dam convincing why I shouldn't) but I have some questions.
Will the 4s parts fit? Diffs, motor mount?
What motor? 3s infraction uses 3900kv 4s kraton uses 2400kv
Asking because id like to use the 4s parts, steel gears, spur and the like. I'm not concerned with top speed as primary play space doesn't have room for that.
Also any input on gearing would be much appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Well if you don't plan on doing anything crazy, all stock components will work great.. except for the spur, if you get the 3900kv with the 100a, you will want to swap that spur and pinion with a 50t spur and maybe start with a 20t pinion to get back up close to the 3s infraction speed you mentioned..

Diffs will fit, you will need the motor mount.. the kraton uses the 2400kv for it's weight, you could use either.. you would just have to gear accordingly!! The only slight differences on the 4s is chassis length, arms, driveshafts, body mounts and shocks.. I'm sure I'm missing something I don't have a 4s!😎

If speed is not a goal, then why go to 4s?
I am sure you can do it however.
The 3s Vendetta was recently selling for only $200. On sale at HH. FWIW.

Can anyone explain the gearing thing to me? That I'd need a 20t pinion with the 3900 but the 2400 uses a 13t? And the point of making it 4s capable would be just to handle a little more abuse.. but it seems to be there isn't much difference between the lines other than ESC and motor

What is your intended use with your Infraction 3s? That will determine what power you will need. I drift with mine so my needs would not fit someone that intends to bash with theirs.

I intend to just blast around on the clay rc track at my campground, but I also want the ability to be forced to purchase tires frequently...how's the saying go...better to have the power and not use it than need it and not have it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back