Vendetta Constantly pulling left

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I was trying to adjust the Felony and I noticed that the steering returns to center when you turn one way but not the other.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1leP5JzdpGfcBkTGmNfp6s49KtISz8Eit/view?usp=sharing

Not really sure what to do there. Also the servo horn looks pretty well centered. This one is on top and easy to see and adjust.
Take the servo horn off and see if there is any binding in the steering linkage. Also check the servo and see if it is even without the steering linkage hooked up. Could be binding or a bad servo

I messaged horizon hobby about it, I think it might be the servo. It doesn't seem to be binding but when turning to the left it's like the servo is slipping. When it returns to center from the left it stutters. I'll see what they say.

This isn't the problem here, stop being pedantic.

Servo horn is off by a tooth. Fancy radio settings will just screw it up further.

Always start with the basics.
You have a great vocabulary but a terrible way to communicate. Just trying to help.

I’ve used subtrim on many rc vehicles in the past with excellent results.

If you can’t handle a second opinion that differs from you perhaps you should crawl under a rock and stay away from forums all together.

I messaged horizon hobby about it, I think it might be the servo. It doesn't seem to be binding but when turning to the left it's like the servo is slipping. When it returns to center from the left it stutters. I'll see what they say.
I would grab a couple of DS3235 servos from Amazon and replace both. I am not one to upgrade things needlessly, but this year the stock Spektrum servos have been trash. Both stock servos in the two Vorteks shat themselves and caused problems similar to what you describe. Replacing them with cheap but effective servos fixed all of the issues I had.

I just had the same issue w a brand new transmitter. Id center out trim, but as soon as i turned it off and back on, it would be off again. So I contacted HH. Customer support told me to try this. Power on your transmitter and set your endpoints at 100, your trims at zero. Scroll down to settings, and select calibrate. Calibrate the transmitter and see if that fixes your issue.

Apparently, I calibrated it while the trims and endpoints were not where they were suppose to be.. hope this fixes your issues!

Let us know if it works or not. Also, set your endpoints after.

Last edited:
I've tried calibrating. Doesn't fix the issue. There's a gear grinding sound almost when you turn left really quick to the end point. Tried adjusting end points, manual says anywhere up to 150. I get movement up to 125 but have it set at 100 right now.

I've tried calibrating. Doesn't fix the issue. There's a gear grinding sound almost when you turn left really quick to the end point. Tried adjusting end points, manual says anywhere up to 150. I get movement up to 125 but have it set at 100 right now.
You set end points based on when the suspension starts to bind. I like to always be conservative and set my end points in a bit from the true end.

If you have disconnected the servo and ensured the steering is moving freely then it seems that servo is toast.

I'm still new to RC cars. I had some old Futaba buggies when I was a kid. I don't know a good way to tell it's binding at the end of it's travel, like how far is too far. It moves freely though when I disconnect the horn and move it by hand. I'm thinking it's the servo and if HH will send me another that will work for now and then when I upgrade the engine and esc I'll probably grab a nice servo for it.

Look at the threads on horn,an servo...probly stripped out,or bad servo...like said above pull off horn an make sure rack isn't binding an check threads 1st..

I'm still new to RC cars. I had some old Futaba buggies when I was a kid. I don't know a good way to tell it's binding at the end of it's travel, like how far is too far. It moves freely though when I disconnect the horn and move it by hand. I'm thinking it's the servo and if HH will send me another that will work for now and then when I upgrade the engine and esc I'll probably grab a nice servo for it.
The issue is that the replacement servo HH sends you will likely also die. They aren't very good. Definitely proceed and have them send you a replacement to keep as a backup, but I would grab a DS 3235 or similar to put in now. Chances are the DS 2335 will work better and they have been bullet proof for me. However, the stock rigs normally come with a 23 spline servo and servo arm. I don't know if the Felony comes with a 23 and a 25 tooth servo horn/arm but if the stock one is 23 spline all of the replacements are 25 spline - so you will need a 25 tooth servo arm as well. When you buy a cheap DS servo on Amazon many will come with a metal servo arm that is 25 spline to match.

I tried adjusting sub trim but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.
I don't think it's a steering servo issue I have 3 vendettas.3 infractions an felony's an even my Losi drag cars pull one way or the other ...it's a suspension adjustment or set throttle punch lower then hammer on it...torque is naturally making it go left..just like in real life drag racing

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back