Infraction Convert Infraction V2 into "Kraton"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arise0185

Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave EXB
I've seen a few threads about off-road converted infractions, but don't believe I've seen detailed build threads that outline exactly what pieces one needs to purchase to make something like this happen. This is mostly a thought exercise for now, as I'm pretty sure it doesn't make any sense financially. BUT... my infraction is not selling, and I'd like to see if this is even a semi-viable option!

Let's say I want to convert my infraction v2 into a kraton-ish thing. I'm thinking I'd need:

- shock towers
- a-arms
- shocks
- cvds
- turnbuckles
- steering linkages
- body and mounts
- pinion/spur gearing
- wheels

Sound about right? I'll have to price this all out on jennys next time I'm at a computer, but it seems so that could be had for a couple hundred bucks.

The front of a road car chassis is longer which will make any bad noser an easy bend, plus the straight cut gears won't last long with heavy MT tires bashing. If you're adamant about doing it to say you converted, then good luck! (y)

I'm not sure what a LWB or XLWB chassis costs today, but I bought 3 Mojave BLX chassis for $21 a couple years ago from JRC.

They share very few parts. You'd be better off lowering the price on your Infraction to get it sold, and then buying a Kraton.

Yep, I understand. But thought this could be an interesting discussion nonetheless.

The front of a road car chassis is longer which will make any bad noser an easy bend, plus the straight cut gears won't last long with heavy MT tires bashing. If you're adamant about doing it to say you converted, then good luck! (y)

I'm not sure what a LWB or XLWB chassis costs today, but I bought 3 Mojave BLX chassis for $21 a couple years ago from JRC.

Good feedback, thanks. Didn't realize the difference in gears.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1261150771...eCCuvPVKobRneX-bYNx0N-0RXNQkTpVUaArKWEALw_wcB

Always this option as well

transfer electronics and sell your infraction as a slider

This hadn't even crossed my mind!

I've seen a few threads about off-road converted infractions, but don't believe I've seen detailed build threads that outline exactly what pieces one needs to purchase to make something like this happen. This is mostly a thought exercise for now, as I'm pretty sure it doesn't make any sense financially. BUT... my infraction is not selling, and I'd like to see if this is even a semi-viable option!

Let's say I want to convert my infraction v2 into a kraton-ish thing. I'm thinking I'd need:

- shock towers
- a-arms
- shocks
- cvds
- turnbuckles
- steering linkages
- body and mounts
- pinion/spur gearing
- wheels

Sound about right? I'll have to price this all out on jennys next time I'm at a computer, but it seems so that could be had for a couple hundred bucks.
The Infraction chassis is way different in geometry than a Kraton. The bulkhead mounts are like angled up for on road.

Diffs
The Infraction chassis is way different in geometry than a Kraton. The bulkhead mounts are like angled up for on road.
All of Arrma's 6s lineup has this.
The infraction/Limitless/Felony is actually Typhon 6s parts with a longer center section.

The Infraction is more
More than a Kraton my bad

The Speedrunner chassis' (Lim Infr, Fel) are not best for Off road hard use. This has been done before. Not practical IMHO. That chassis is only a few mm shorter than a true XLWB off road chassis. Rethink what you want to do there. Sell it off. Be realistic about your asking price and buy a 1/7 off road Arrma platform if that is your direction. Like with the Mojo, FT or new 6s BRCC.

Thanks for the input everyone. I understand this is not the most logical choice, but I do appreciate the discussion.

I don't have a particular direction I want to head in - all I know is that I'm a little bored with the on-road nature of the infraction. I'll just likely still sell off the infraction, either rtr or parted out.

Sometimes it's better to strip it down to a nice cleaned up bare Roller and sell the electrics and roller separately. Might get more bites. IDK. Might make out $better$ too. If you find a buyer who wants the bundle, you can always work that out also. Be flexible is what I am saying. Many seasoned RC'ers usually just looking for the roller, they have their Upgrade electrics and radio for it already.
Just an idea.:cool:

Last edited:
The main issue you’ll find is that the spiral cut gears on the Infraction are directional and spin the opposite direction as the ones in the Kraton. The Infraction also has a 2.8 ratio (GP5 gears) while the Kraton has 4.3 ratio with a slight spiral. The Typhon 6S uses straight cut gears with a ratio of 3.3 but are NOT directional. Diff cases are the same on all 6S models (besides the new aluminum EXB ones). So to convert, you’d need chassis, arms, steering links, all driveshafts, diff gears and their matching pinion, center brace, chassis braces, battery tray, tires, receive box, and little odds and ends. I ran into all of this when doing a nitro conversion on my Infraction, but had the same thoughts on a Kraton conversion. As other have stated, it’s best to get a Kraton Roller and swap electronics from the Infraction.

Sometimes it's better to strip it down to a nice cleaned up bare Roller and sell the electrics and roller separately. Might get more bites. IDK. Might make out $better$ too. If you find a buyer who wants the bundle, you can always work that out also. Be flexible is what I am saying. Many seasoned RC'ers usually just looking for the roller, they have their Upgrade electrics and radio for it already.
Just an idea.:cool:

Yeah, I'm definitely open to that idea! I appreciate the feedback here.

The main issue you’ll find is that the spiral cut gears on the Infraction are directional and spin the opposite direction as the ones in the Kraton. The Infraction also has a 2.8 ratio (GP5 gears) while the Kraton has 4.3 ratio with a slight spiral. The Typhon 6S uses straight cut gears with a ratio of 3.3 but are NOT directional. Diff cases are the same on all 6S models (besides the new aluminum EXB ones). So to convert, you’d need chassis, arms, steering links, all driveshafts, diff gears and their matching pinion, center brace, chassis braces, battery tray, tires, receive box, and little odds and ends. I ran into all of this when doing a nitro conversion on my Infraction, but had the same thoughts on a Kraton conversion. As other have stated, it’s best to get a Kraton Roller and swap electronics from the Infraction.

Wow, tons of detailed info, thank you! Definitely sounds like more hassle than it's worth.

Yeah, I'm definitely open to that idea! I appreciate the feedback here.

Wow, tons of detailed info, thank you! Definitely sounds like more hassle than it's worth.
I’d look in the Arrma Buy/Sell Facebook group. I had gotten a Kraton V5 roller with EXB components for $249 which included tires and a body.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back