converting my nitro kyosho inferno gt2 ve to electric need to know wot motor i can use to reach speeds over 100 miles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harry123

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
converting my nitro kyosho inferno gt2 ve to electric need to know wot motor i can use to reach speeds over 100 miles.
been looking at the HOBBYWING EZRUN SL 4985-1650KV MOTOR but i need the motor rmp can any one tell me the motor rpm???

need the rpm of the motor to work out if this can give me speeds over a 100 miles an hour

castle creations are good as you can see the rmp in the manual but hobby wing are not showing the rpm in the manual?

Most motors are ok around 50k rpm's, no more. ( consider ceramic motor bearings for durability).

How many volts will your setup be???
lipo volts x Kv equals motor RPM's.
You need to use a gear/ speed calculator to get close to your 100 MPH target. Learn gear ratios and tire roll out/( final drive ratios).

Battery voltage * Kv * 0.8 will give you a more reasonable estimate of what rpm's to expect.
kv is rpm per volt without load. And load has many variables. It's hard to predict what actual rpm's you can expect.

Most 40mm and larger have enough power to get your car up to 100mph. If your aim is to go beyond 120mph your options become more narrow

KV rating is a rough estimate of motor RPM unloaded. @rotauq is spot on with the estimate formula. However, speed is better determined by motor watt output, as you can have the same size motor that puts out high KV with low torque, preventing you from pushing the gearing you want to run. There are MiniZ motors that are tiny and put out 10,000kv, but virtually no torque. I suggest the Castle systems over Hobbywing, as Hobbywing directly limits the power that their ESCs will put out, which can cripple high output motors. Additionally, for any high performace setup, the Castle datalogging is incredibly useful. It looks like the electric versions of the Inferno have a 4068 motor in them, but may have room for a 4274. The Castle 1520 motor should fit and is 3-8S capable.

hi thinking of using the castle creation .

1 Castle Creations Mamba Monster X ESC Combo With 1515 2200KV Sensored Motor controller capable of 2S - 6S LiPo​

price £297.00

2 Castle Creations Mamba Monster X ESC Combo With 1512 2650KV Sensored Motor controller capable of 2S - 6S LiPo​

price £297.00

3 Hobbywing Combo EZRUN MAX8 ESC 4268-2600kV Motor LiPo Cells: 2-​

price £170.99

Castle Creations 15 Series CC Blower Motor Fan (38 - 48mm Diameter)​

5000mAh 3S 11.1V 100C Smart LiPo Hardcase; IC5 SPMX50003S100H5 x2 6s

hobbywing is the cheapest but the motor is sensor less
castle products are sensored.

witch one be the best for speeds over 100 miles

pinion 34t still looking up on this though.

HW38010403_x.jpg

P-CC010-0145-05_1.jpg

P-CC010-0145-05_1 (1).jpg

Performance wise sensored is not necessary better. I don't have the MMX6s myself, but it also uses smart sense. "Once the motor is turning, it seamlessly transitions to Castle’s ULTRA-EFFICIENT sensorless mode"

Anyways, motors and esc's can intermix and every motor can run sensorless on any esc.

I would definitely go for a minimum a 4074/1515 but if your have space for a ~4092 (like a TP 4060) I wouldn't hesitate to take that extra step. When you do, you will be better of with a castle esc.
HW 4274-2200 with a max8 is very cost efficient/reliable combo, but once you wanna do 101mph, it's 150A continues limit, will stop you from gearing up further. AMP draw significantly increases above 100mph and castle will deliver more. But again if you aim going to 120+ at some point, MMX8S will give you up to 400A

Most motors are ok around 50k rpm's, no more. ( consider ceramic motor bearings for durability).

How many volts will your setup be???
lipo volts x Kv equals motor RPM's.
You need to use a gear/ speed calculator to get close to your 100 MPH target. Learn gear ratios and tire roll out/( final drive ratios).
Hi pal ive checked all the details on the standard Inferno GT2 VE SRT DEMON.
and this is all the gears i found on the parts list i used the calculator IF21 DRIVE BEVEL 13T
97044-17 PINION GEAR 17T
IF102 DIFFRNTIAL BEVEL SET
IF106 DIFFRENTIAL BEVAL GEAR 43T
IF148 SPUR GEAR 46T
tyre diam 97mm

i changed this to 34 tooth then i got 116.8 miles but with 17t i got standard i got 58 miles ?

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_1396 (1).jpg

You doubled the pinion T, in your case it's doubling the potential top speed. Don't expect your motor to be able to take that load up to it's max rpm. multiply the speed with 0.8 as i mentioned before.

Also it doesn't mean 34T/46S will fit in you motor mount btw
At some point certainly want to change up the whole gearing. Preferably for 'speed only' put in a spool that will take 8mm pinion gears as a spur at some point. A smaller spur will give you more room for larger pinions.

I have a GT2 nitro converted to electric. At this moment it has a Castle MMX8S with a Castle1520 motor 1650kv. Last 6s speedrun was geared 29p/30s and she did 116mph, amp draw was low (260Amps). Next try I will do 32p/30s.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back