Kraton Copper head 2 vs backflip mt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

logansmithc99

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Currently I have proline mx38 belted badlands and I think they are contributing to my not good handling, 90% of the time I drive in the loose desert dirt trying to fly around small tracks, Jenny’s rc sells copperhead 2’s for $48 while the backflips are always out of stock and $62 do you guys think copperhead 2’s would work decently?
Thank you!

Currently I have proline mx38 belted badlands and I think they are contributing to my not good handling, 90% of the time I drive in the loose desert dirt trying to fly around small tracks, Jenny’s rc sells copperhead 2’s for $48 while the backflips are always out of stock and $62 do you guys think copperhead 2’s would work decently?
Thank you!

Backflips.
There's a reason why they're always seem to be out of stock ,even at that price. They're worth it.

Do you happen to know what makes them better? Last longer, handle better?
Handle better. More durable. Lighter than a lot of the aftermarket options. They’re much better tires. They might even be the best basher tire available.

I run backflip lps on my Kraton
It handles way better than it did with the copperheads.
81C820BB-9343-4030-B098-5B0A5A50360A.jpeg

I run my KEXB side by side with my buddies KEXB. He has copperheads and I have backflips. The backflip tread just grabs the dirty better. I hear they wear out on pavement faster, so I would stick to dirt and gravel. I haven't had any issues with wear yet though. My buddy has mentioned many times doesn't like the copperheads.

i didnt like the copperheads on my K8EXB . they hooked well and provide a cushy landing rippin soccer fields , but doing a half throttle run and rolling into the juice front end was lifting , and i effin exploded one . never happened with a backflip . and im a fan off the less weight

20230512_193253.jpg

I have a pile of tore up 4s backflips too. I stick them under my trucks when I store them. It keeps the suspension extended so my springs don't get compressed. 6s backflips, love them or hate them I've never torn one up. I like the stiff sidewalls too, my truck corners nice with them. By the way, the tire killer in my family is my daughter and her 4s Tekno.

This off subject, but on the TLR Tuned Kraton, what are the gearboxes on that truck? Now that you have some run time on them what do you think of them?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back