Outcast Couldn't fight the urge any longer... going 6S with my outcast...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished wrapping my tires with 4 wraps per trench with 70lb Kevlar braided string. I put a bead of thin CA all the way around on the string and it soaked it up. I also put CA against the string on the tire to hopefully adhere it. Was tedious going around all the tires with a q-tip and DA to clean the trenches in the trenchers.

2019-0328-ProlineTrencher3.8-KevlarLine.jpg

Those are the ones off my ERBEv1. The ones I had on the outcast had one really out of balance that was noticeable on 4S. Not sure if it's out of balance or of something wonky is going on with the foam. I'll spin them all on my balancer at some point to check and apply lead tape where needed.

I balanced this set before installing on the ERBEv1 but I used clay vs lead tape. I got the lead tape later. Will see how they do on the outcast with 6S... hopefully this weekend. Supposed to get up to 43F on Saturday, but be cooler on Sunday. Unfortunately, I won't have the 13T pinion by then, so I'll likely run the 14T I have. I figured with it being cool out, it should do ok.

Won't have my stampede fixed by then, waiting on the Hot Racing front c-hubs, so may take my eJato with me as well instead. It likes to fly and I put a new motor on it as well as extended the rear shocks a bit with Dubro Monster rod ends which raised the rear about 3mm, which is significant on the eJato. I also ordered some 15mm extensions over a month ago from China that just showed up. They were for my stampede, but now that I have 17mm on there... I didn't have a use. So, I modified them a bit and put a pair on the rear of the eJato. Now the front and rear are almost the same width. Not sure why, but the rear was quite a bit narrower even though I had the right wheels per the manual. It looked goofy and on 3S, the tires balloon a lot and catch the body. So, hopefully this will help the body issue, make it a bit more stable and it doesn't look so goofy anymore.

Before with 4mm extended hubs:
2019-0211-eJato-Dubro2319Rear-top-portrait1.jpg

Now with 15mm extended hubs:
2019-0327-12mmHex-15mmExtension-installed02.jpg

That's the same stuff I used on my HSP tires. So much fun to cut.

It was actually kite string. Wasn't sure what to buy and didn't feel like paying $30 for some fishing line. It wasn't too hard to cut with scissors. Well, it did cost me $15 for 1000 feet of it.

It was actually kite string. Wasn't sure what to buy and didn't feel like paying $30 for some fishing line. It wasn't too hard to cut with scissors. Well, it did cost me $15 for 1000 feet of it.
Yeah Kevlar kite string. I think I paid like $10 for the stuff I got.
20190329_001328.jpg

New packs showed up!
2019-0329-ExcitedToddler.gif

Cycling them on my charger to verify capacity and just to get them cycled so I don't start off with a weak charge:
2019-0329-HRB5000mah3S1P-50C.jpg

Got my 14T pinion installed... it fought me a bit. Just as I was tightening it down, the screw let go... pulled the motor, had enough of the screw to dremel a slot in it, got it out and put in a new set screw. Also mounted up the tires and checked the truck over again for any loose screws. Will see how 6S goes at the bmx track tomorrow... guessing Sunday will be part ordering day. lol!
2019-0329-Outcast-KevlarStringOnTrenchers.jpg

Ugh... stupid weather. Rained all night, so the grass bmx track is going to be soft/squishy. Not the best for glancing blows at high speed. Things tend to stick and cause parts to absorb all the kinetic energy. Also, high of 42F, feels 30F thanks to the wind. Was 62F yesterday and sunny. Tomorrow will be colder. The smaller truck isn't going to like the wind. Although, the big 7200mah 3S pack I shoehorn into it may help weigh it down a bit. lol!

Still going to go out, just may not be for as long as I had intended.

If it doesn’t, I have two 7400 6s sitting at my feet- big ol bricks.
Yeah, those won't fit at all. lol! With the 3S in my eJato, I have about a 2mm gap from it and the bottom of my rear tower brace I made. I had to raise it 4mm just to get the pack to fit. Without it, towers last about 1 crash. With it... I can go almost a whole season of bashing.

2018-1103-eJato-SMC3SLipoClearance01.jpg

Older photo. Got a hobbystar 3660/3200kv in it now. I ran it once in the parking lot to see how it felt, but today will be the first time I put any real time on it. I may have geared it too tall... will see.

Well,@olds97_lss should be sweeping up the broken parts of his Outcast right about now.....:ROFLMAO:
I getting in my car to head home when I saw the email from this on my phone. Made me chuckle.

Bent the chassis a bit, the rear tower a bit, broke the wing mount a bit more. Only ran two sets of packs at the bmx track. Wind picked up and I couldn't see because my eyes were watering. Then ran it closer to home at the park, then at my local skate park. Guessing that's where I bent the chassis.

2019-0330-Outcast-3SBash-TowerRear.jpg

2019-0330-Outcast-3SBash-ChassisBent.jpg

Before heading out, I plugged the program box into the esc to dial down the punch. I think I had it at 8 when I ran 4S. I dropped it down to 3. I think I need to take it up to at least 5 as the lack of "go" when I needed it caused a few nasty lawn dart landings.

I strapped a gps to it and with strapped trencher 3.8's and 14T pinion, it topped out at 52mph. Took a lot of light throttle to get it there... It's kind of humorous as I've been hitting these jumps for 6 months and I had to hit them perfectly at the perfect throttle to clear them on 4S. Correcting in the air also wasn't nearly as easy. On 6S... yeah, it's fast, but wow is it so much easier to pull out of mistakes with and so much easy air.

Will work on the videos tonight. Nothing too crazy. By the time I got to the BMX track, the temp dropped to 41F and by the time I left an hour later (also ran the eJato, totally useless in the cold on any surface), it was 38F. With the speeds I was hitting the jumps, I knew I'd shatter something with the temps getting low. By the time I got back near home, it was 35F and windy, but I still ran through the packs 4 times total today in it.

The HRB 5000mah 3S1P 50C packs did fine, I think. I timed all my runs and I got 19 minutes twice at the bmx, 20 minutes at my local park and 22 minutes at my skate park. Pretty close to what I was getting with the 7200mah 2S2P SMC packs. Spent the majority of it at half throttle as it was a handful at much more than that in the rough stuff.

Snapped an axle off my jato... no idea why it broke where it did. It has steel cvd's on it. So, I have 3 traxxas trucks to work on after last weekend and this (revo/stampede/jato). I need to try and bend the chassis deck back on the outcast. Guessing with it bent, it will just bend more and more easily.

Oh, forgot, I also hit a kiddy slide mid flight with the outcast. Bent the RPM arms so far that the axle carrier was almost upside down. With a quick twist of the carrier, it popped back and I ran the rest of the packs out then went to the skate park. RPM may be bendy... but sometimes it helps let you stay out running. :)

"Sunday will be part ordering day."

:D

That should be the official forum motto!!

Went to a skate park with my BIL and nephews yesterday. He had his brand new Outcast (first rc) and I lent him a 6S to run. ;)

All 3 of the cars came home broke in about 10 minutes.

Outcast didn't even make it to the skatepark. He went ripping around the dirt parking lot, slid wide in a turn and nailed a 6x6 wood post. Snapped the A-arm completely off at the wide end end- and sheared the top shock bolt.

Anyone that came here, I forgot to drop the link to my video thread here from yesterday:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/bash-from-2019-03-30-finally-trying-6s-with-my-outcast.11275/

Got all my trucks fixed and shelved. eJato axle replaced, stampede 4x4 axle carriers/c-hubs replaced with hot racing parts and fixed both blown shocks on the ERBEv1, bent push rods and broken shock shaft then put smaller/lighter tires on it. Pretty sure the trenchers are just too much for that thing. The ones on the outcast were on the ERBEv1 as I had them well balanced and they were brand new before I put them on the ERBEv1. The ones on the outcast were used and a couple are either balanced badly or the foams are letting go as they shook bad on 4S. Probably blow to pieces on 6S!

Whatever the stock smaller pinion is (13t I think), is already a handful on 6s. I've never had a heat issue, punch still at 4, pops up on demand, and you can launch off a ramp with only a 10 foot runway. I have the same 5000/50c/3s X 2. Ran it through snow, slush, grass and mud, never hit thermal cut off. I'm actually afraid to change the punch, as this swb truck is already spending too much time on it's rear wheels. Backflips are vented, and that makes a big difference in keeping ballooning down.
I, too, made the jump to 6s this week. But my Outcast has never had a problem lifting the front at WOT at any but the highest speeds on 4s. I actually put the punch up to nine on Monday, drove it maybe five minutes on 4s and immediately returned it to four. Reverse is what I found unmanageable on nine.
20190403_162328.jpg

I actually got this in the mail today, but I can't use it because my dumb ass forgot to get a compatible charge lead. Tomorrow!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back