Typhon Custom Painted Bodies - Post Your Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And here it is. Don't need lights to run this thing at night!
20180426_212454.jpg
20180426_212427.jpg
15248039498721808018794.jpg

View attachment 18226Another new body is going to be done tonight. This is a v2 body on a v3 Typhon. I like the newer body better so I got my hands on one. More pics to come.

How is the v3 body different? I thought it was just a paint job from the v2 to v3, did they change the body mold?

How is the v3 body different? I thought it was just a paint job from the v2 to v3, did they change the body mold?
They are actually a bit different. The roof line is smooth and slightly lower. The front corners are lower too. The air vents on the back are not only cut out, but also bigger in size. The v3 defenitely seems more aerodynamic.

Thanks!

Looks like the shoulder bumps got toned way down too. Also, maybe the tail angle is a bit higher on the v3?

similar, Subtle
Yeah. The tail definitely has a more aggressive cut to it. I have found that the old body has slightly more clearance for my dual 5400 3s batteries.

Yeah. The tail definitely has a more aggressive cut to it. I have found that the old body has slightly more clearance for my dual 5400 3s batteries.
Annoyingly both the v2 and v3 bodies rub like mad on a number of objects on the chassis and all the protective under stickers Arrma place on them are in the wrong place :mad:. Even my v3 shell which is only used to keep the shelf queen looking pretty is starting to wear through, and its not even been bashed! I'm going to have to gorilla tape it up soon.

I use the extra decal sheet (clear parts between the decals) to cover any spots that rub. Works pretty good...

Hey Guys,

New to the Arrma family. Through the cold winter months I've found out that custom painting bodies is as nice as bashing on itself. Here are some pictures of my projects. Be glad to here some comments, feedback or remarks. Happy bashing everybody. View attachment 34257View attachment 34258View attachment 34259View attachment 34260View attachment 34261View attachment 34262
These are amazing, so intricate, that is brilliant work. I'd love to know the full process. I am lucky to do a couple of colours, with no shadow or anything. These are stunning!

Thanks guys,

I'm will do some extra bodies in the future, then i'll post some step by step pictures.
There are no golden tips, just patience and practicing on a steady hand. I only use masking tape and no masking paint.
A technique is scratching painted areas with a tootpick to get worn or shredded effects.

Grtz

Thanks guys,

I'm will do some extra bodies in the future, then i'll post some step by step pictures.
There are no golden tips, just patience and practicing on a steady hand. I only use masking tape and no masking paint.
A technique is scratching painted areas with a tootpick to get worn or shredded effects.

Grtz
That is very interesting thank you.

I've only been into RC for about 2 weeks but I have been caught up in the frenzy.

I recently ordered an extra Typhon body, but thought that while I wait for it to be shipped I may has well pick up something local and get some practice on paint jobs - my first ever paint job. The body is not a perfect fit, but it works.

I think the colours work really well - 4 coats of smoke, followed by 4 coats of Ferrari red (Tamiya). It really plays with the light well.

IMG_2031.jpg
IMG_2032.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back