Data Logs showing less than 100% outputšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARRMA-GETā€™M

Reaction score
Iā€™m having trouble understanding why my data logs are showing 78.6% power output on my speed run.. I definitely pinned the throttle 100% four times back and forth and I stayed in it! Then looking at the logs, itā€™s showing 78.6% instead of 100%ā€¦

Iā€™ve got a few castle combos and a few vehicles so Iā€™m confident Iā€™ve done the calibration correct. Iā€™m also looking at the transmitter full output milliseconds and itā€™s above calibration but the percentage is not accurate!ā€¦Here are the photos. So what could be causing this, is it just a matter of
re-calibration? Did something change?.. is it possible to unplug the motor and do a full throttle test to see if the ESC shows me a ā€œLIGHTā€ That dictates full throttle??

DA5A7A27-F15A-403C-AE4A-331809031F29.jpeg

36930DA5-9F31-4A75-B089-55A85A36BEAA.jpeg

Donā€™t Heman squeeze the trigger during throttle calibration either. It will distort the calibration.

Is your esc blinking green at WOT. mine is doing the same thing if that what yours is doing. Go to full throttle and its solid green for a second or 2 and then blinking green, that's what mine is doing. I disable lvc and that did not correct the problem. Sorry that's all I got.

20230514_120751.jpg

Yea all that had been fine. Even re-calibrated and took video of before and after calibration to compare any differences and Iā€™m not getting 100%. Esc solid green on full throttle for a couple seconds.

So I plugged in a half charged 3s to perform the test safely. Data logs show 38% power output before recalibration and 48% power output after recalibration. Could have been due to the Lipo warming up but then we would be talking as if the ā€œpower outputā€ meant total battery capacity while
ā€œunder loadā€ instead of ā€œtriggerā€ throttle output percentage, but then which one is it to be honest?

My th channel goes to 100% forward, itā€™s a live screen obv.. only using expo on brakes in the Radiolink menu. No delays nothing complex and the only mixing is using only other AUX channels with others, nothing with TH channel.

Iā€™ve seen 100% output on other logs with the felony setup and the 5K EXB build BUTā€¦. As of now, not even the xlx2 shows 100% output! Idk what changed but itā€™ll show like 68% power output.

The ONLY constant variable is that my two 4s Lipo and my two 3s Lipo are getting old. Thatā€™s the only thing that has changed. Consider that Iā€™m STILL using the Spektrum TX/RX on my felony with the 1717- MMX8s combo and Iā€™m sharing the same throttle curves on castle link on both of the esc so both MMX8ā€™s are identical minus the transmitters.

Iā€™ll check what the power output was on my felony setup and the dates and try to see if the power output on THAT esc has slowly been diminishing over time due to the Lipo getting old, or if THAT setup (felony) is STILL getting 100% power outputā€¦. To start ruling variables out.

Hereā€™s the video of the esc on full throttle before recalibration and again after. Here is the data logs for that test.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0b2YCrX_AlJ50iQneq6CSFlsA

https://share.icloud.com/photos/080rLpCYRdvlu1IATOLgD7RQQ

HERE ARE TWO DIFFERENT LOGS FROM MY FELONY SETUP.. MMX8 and 1717-1650
Same ESC same using the same spektrum lipos.,, the only difference is the felony uses the Spektrum rado and receiver, soooo..,
WHY does it show 100% in an earlier log and then a much lower percentage while BOTH LOGS SHOW THE SAME Throttle millisecond output? How is that possible unless the data log power output percentage is referring to the ā€œLipoā€™s capacityā€ while under load?

D7DF83E9-9173-414D-9F20-F5DDC4AA80CE.jpeg

DC4C9CC7-F210-4456-85AA-E38050855FDA.jpeg

HERE ARE TWO DIFFERENT LOGS FROM MY FELONY SETUP.. MMX8 and 1717-1650
Same ESC same using the same spektrum lipos.,, the only difference is the felony uses the Spektrum rado and receiver, soooo..,
WHY does it show 100% in an earlier log and then a much lower percentage while BOTH LOGS SHOW THE SAME Throttle millisecond output? How is that possible unless the data log power output percentage is referring to the ā€œLipoā€™s capacityā€ while under load?

View attachment 299790

View attachment 299791
There is a setting in the menus to lock the verticals so that when you zoom in it does not skew the values. If you don't have this set when you zoom in it can show 70% when the value is cut off due to the zooming in, when that value is actually 100%
(Do this when fully zoomed out)
Screenshot_2023-05-14-21-25-10-29_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

There is a setting in the menus to lock the verticals so that when you zoom in it does not skew the values. If you don't have this set when you zoom in it can show 70% when the value is cut off due to the zooming in, when that value is actually 100%
(Do this when fully zoomed out)
View attachment 299821
Yes itā€™s locked
Is your esc blinking green at WOT. mine is doing the same thing if that what yours is doing. Go to full throttle and its solid green for a second or 2 and then blinking green, that's what mine is doing. I disable lvc and that did not correct the problem. Sorry that's all I got.

View attachment 299774
Your graph is showing 79% output not 100%.. was that supposed to be a full throttle run?

Recalibrate and try againā€¦
Yea thatā€™s how itā€™s done. Recalibrated more than once. Everything checks out, solid green on full throttle, solid red reverse, yellow neutral., even did video comparing 3s full throttle before re-calibration and also recorded that same full throttle after calibration and its still not showing 100% on the data logs output percentage. However because I used a half charged 3s for the full throttle test, itā€™s not showing 78% like it did on a fresh pack of 6s but showed 48%. So the battery level seems to have an effect on the data logā€™s power output percentage. What going on.,

Last edited:
Yea thatā€™s how itā€™s done. Recalibrated more than once. Everything checks out, solid green on full throttle, solid red reverse, yellow neutral., even did video comparing 3s full throttle before re-calibration and also recorded that same full throttle after calibration and its still not showing 100% on the data logs output percentage. However because I used a half charged 3s for the full throttle test, itā€™s not showing 78% like it did on a fresh pack of 6s but showed 48%. So the battery level seems to have an effect on the data logā€™s power output percentage. What going on.,
All your perimeters have to be set in the center location like your throttle trim your steering trim and then recalibrate

When vertical axis is locked, please do zoom in on the 10-12 seconds of the actual run. instead of showing a graph of 4000s of runtime.
Only when zoomed in on the actual run we can see things right.

Also make sure "Graph smoothing" is disabled. numbers below are based on what the tool is displaying not the actual measured numbers. Smoothing will remove peaks and could explain your missing power out.

When vertical axis is locked, please do zoom in on the 10-12 seconds of the actual run. instead of showing a graph of 4000s of runtime.
Only when zoomed in on the actual run we can see things right.

Also make sure "Graph smoothing" is disabled. numbers below are based on what the tool is displaying not the actual measured numbers. Smoothing will remove peaks and could explain your missing power out.
Thatā€™s good insight thanks, you figured it out! You got it right thanks!ā€¦. Hereā€™s the graph zoomed in UNSMOOTHED. Thatā€™s messed up bcs it affects the top speed graph too. SMH but anyhow your much appreciatedšŸ˜Ž..

EB8E8D77-2241-4DAF-91D9-92F9567B428A.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back