DBXL-E’s on Jenny’s now!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan B.

Area man
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
Man I hate to beat a dead horse, but yea, those prices 😮 Perhaps I've been spoiled by fleabay, but I feel like a lot of that stuff can be found on there for significantly less than Jennys. Gotta pay to play with 5th scale either way. I'd definitely like to have a DBXL-E in my collection one day.

Man I hate to beat a dead horse, but yea, those prices 😮 Perhaps I've been spoiled by fleabay, but I feel like a lot of that stuff can be found on there for significantly less than Jennys. Gotta pay to play with 5th scale either way. I'd definitely like to have a DBXL-E in my collection one day.
Yeah, you really gotta shop around. JRC is a great resource for OEM parts no doubt but there's alot of kit breakers on ebay too. I almost $hit myself when I saw what JRC is getting for the v2 Firma 160 stuff! Whoa! Can buy official HW for less..far less. A G2 Max6 combo for $216 on preorder, JRC wants $185 for the v2 Firma 160 esc?🤷‍♂️

Ngl, I haven't had to buy many replacement parts for my dbxl and I send it harder than anyone I've seen since thunder rc got rid of his a long time ago. Now that I think about it the only thing I've replaced so far is the rear bulkhead with alu. My dbxl came with a few upgrades but if you research even for 10 minutes you will find a short list of stuff that you should upgrade and after that it's durable af.

I do touch the ground tires first every time though 🤣

Yeah, you really gotta shop around. JRC is a great resource for OEM parts no doubt but there's alot of kit breakers on ebay too. I almost $hit myself when I saw what JRC is getting for the v2 Firma 160 stuff! Whoa! Can buy official HW for less..far less. A G2 Max6 combo for $216 on preorder, JRC wants $185 for the v2 Firma 160 esc?🤷‍♂️
Maybe Jennys got bit by the inflation bug, but I feel like their stuff used to be a bit cheaper than it is now. By the time you factor in shipping, some of the things are almost the same price as buying from a big box hobby shop online.

Ngl, I haven't had to buy many replacement parts for my dbxl and I send it harder than anyone I've seen since thunder rc got rid of his a long time ago. Now that I think about it the only thing I've replaced so far is the rear bulkhead with alu. My dbxl came with a few upgrades but if you research even for 10 minutes you will find a short list of stuff that you should upgrade and after that it's durable af.

If the DBXL ever turned up for sale like the FT or O8S rollers did for half price..oh man!! 😁🤞
Maybe Jennys got bit by the inflation bug, but I feel like their stuff used to be a bit cheaper than it is now. By the time you factor in shipping, some of the things are almost the same price as buying from a big box hobby shop online.
Yeah, agreed. Shipping has really gotten pianful since covid, especially at JRC. With the v2 Firma stuff I think he's just feeling out the market.. when you look at the VXL stuff on JRC, it's like what, TRX fans don't know any better? Or maybe don't know how to solder? Cuz I can't belive any one would pay those prices for VXL electronics?🤷‍♂️ Kaiju EXT tires and wheels..they were more on JRC than from Redcat for quite some time..they finally caught on and lowered the price at JRC on those.

Last edited:

It has been reliable for me as well. One broken hub. Cracked cage. Otherwise good.

I don’t jump it though.

I made a list of part # and prices for 3 different vehicles last year from JRC.

Last week I went down that list comparing prices and most of the items were double the cost now.

Everything everywhere has doubled in prices it seems since covid. We all gotta live with it so it doesn't surprise me that he's gotta raise his prices too.

If the DBXL ever turned up for sale like the FT or O8S rollers did for half price..oh man!! 😁🤞

Yeah, agreed. Shipping has really gotten pianful since covid, especially at JRC. With the v2 Firma stuff I think he's just feeling out the market.. when you look at the VXL stuff on JRC, it's like what, TRX fans don't know any better? Or maybe don't know how to solder? Cuz I can't belive any one would pay those prices for VXL electronics?🤷‍♂️ Kaiju EXT tires and wheels..they were more on JRC than from Redcat for quite some time..they finally caught on and lowered the price at JRC on those.

1698367672239.png

I'm kind of annoyed lol.

My point exactly. I still buy there, just not as often. Small buys are just too costly for shipping.
The part that irks the hell out of me is I 100% believe if I shipped the same thing to someone on the forums It wouldn't cost me 16$. Add the fact that they're a business and there has to be some type of discount for businesses doing bulk orders and it just blows my mind.

The part that irks the hell out of me is I 100% believe if I shipped the same thing to someone on the forums It wouldn't cost me 16$. Add the fact that they're a business and there has to be some type of discount for businesses doing bulk orders and it just blows my mind.

I just shipped a decent sized box with a rc10b4.2 chassis and some other parts to Australia not long ago. It cost $30 bucks 🤣

I ship a lot of rc parts and id be willing to bet the cost on those with usps advantage ground would be around 8-12 without any discount. (Depending on location)

I just shipped a decent sized box with a rc10b4.2 chassis and some other parts to Australia not long ago. It cost $30 bucks 🤣

I ship a lot of rc parts and id be willing to bet the cost on those with usps advantage ground would be around 8-12 without any discount. (Depending on location)
Thats what I thought it would be too! how the hell does it cost me more for shipping from jrc than it does from china?!?!?! :eek:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back