DBXL-E’s on Jenny’s now!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He must be factoring in the packaging and the packing labor.
Yeah, I was thinking that's a part of it for sure. RTR'S come in one big box, takes lots of packaging to sell them off piece by piece..also likely one of the reasons they sell parts as "bundles" like what @Moirae just bought. Avoiding sitting on dead stock of unpopular parts being another reason for the bundled parts. JRC does a fine job in my experience with the process as a whole, packaging is always well done and I've only had one wrong part over say 30 or more orders. Some of the stuff I've bought from other kit breakers on ebay I was like wow, can't believe these parts made it through transit without damage!😲🤔 Same goes for the China stuff..packing is definitely minimal at best in my experience. I order parts from all over the net, the hunt for the best price is part of my sickness!!😉😂🍻

He must be factoring in the packaging and the packing labor.
Exactly. Instead of raising the product price for those things, he waits until you’ve added things to your cart, clicked check out, and logged in before he shows the real total price to your door.

It’s a risky strategy. Some people will think they’ve already gone so far, say screw it, and move forward with the order. Other people will feel duped, get pissed, and cancel the order.

I’m in the second group.

Exactly. Instead of raising the product price for those things, he waits until you’ve added things to your cart, clicked check out, and logged in before he shows the real total price to your door.

It’s a risky strategy. Some people will think they’ve already gone so far, say screw it, and move forward with the order. Other people will feel duped, get pissed, and cancel the order.

I’m in the second group.
I just ordered $127.00 worth of parts from Jenny’s and the shipping was $12.00
Yes, probably overpriced as everything was shipped in a medium sized pad-pack, but I wouldn’t characterize it as gouging. @Moirae ’s shipping price did seem a bit much, but it was crossing the country. Mine was on the east coast.

There are so many anomalies when it comes to shipping.. I bought a set of Proline Mirage TT tires from Liquid rc. $54 a pair IIRC. So over $100 total. Shipping was 99 cents. More than fair enough🤷‍♂️ but here's the kicker, I can buy a pair ( or full set) of 8s CH2's and get free shipping from Liquid rc?🤔 Weird.. then go to Amain and buy CH2's and get stuck with $20+ for shipping, same price on the tires? IDK, but it pays to shop around, that's for sure!!🍻

I just ordered $127.00 worth of parts from Jenny’s and the shipping was $12.00
Yes, probably overpriced as everything was shipped in a medium sized pad-pack, but I wouldn’t characterize it as gouging. @Moirae ’s shipping price did seem a bit much, but it was crossing the country. Mine was on the east coast.
Im in CO! Isn't that considered like the middle or close to it?

I was checking out some prices with Rc Nitro Master on there last night... they have a bunch of extremely cheap stuff. Always had really good experience with them. Just sayin.

Screenshot_20231027-052725_eBay.jpg

Well, most things are expensive on a DBXL, which is it be expected.

But the weird part is that Jenny’s charges more than Horizon for a body/cage.
Technically it is $300 from Jenny's and $329 from Horizon without any discounts. So not a huge savings but a little bit.

Technically it is $300 from Jenny's and $329 from Horizon without any discounts. So not a huge savings but a little bit.
Nah, you factor in shipping and you're screwed on jrc and horizon will be free.

Nah, you factor in shipping and you're screwed on jrc and horizon will be free.
Yah, shipping is $16 so you are still saving some money and it's already assembled. I really don't get how cages are so expensive. Same thing for my Capra and Bomber. Cages are the most expensive part.

Yah, shipping is $16 so you are still saving some money and it's already assembled. I really don't get how cages are so expensive. Same thing for my Capra and Bomber. Cages are the most expensive part.
That's crazy! I assumed shipping would be more since they charged me that for shipping some plastic parts for the Kraton 8s. How is my order the same as a dbxl body 🤣 🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back