Kraton De anodized and then polished to perfection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been doing some de-anodising myself for my Kraton/Tyhon/Infraction build. Really like how the chassis came out especially. For anyone in the UK, i used caustic soda in water. Worked really well and only £4 for a big tub from Euro Carparts.

Have to admit, the polishing became a bit tedious so didn't quite do everything but can always come bacck to them on a rainy day.

20200923_105153882_iOS.jpg

20200928_173557267_iOS.jpg

20200929_112017922_iOS(1).jpg

You'll be ok as long as you polish them nightly. :LOL: :ROFLMAO:
Lol ? .. I'll keep you "posted"
Been doing some de-anodising myself for my Kraton/Tyhon/Infraction build. Really like how the chassis came out especially. For anyone in the UK, i used caustic soda in water. Worked really well and only £4 for a big tub from Euro Carparts.

Have to admit, the polishing became a bit tedious so didn't quite do everything but can always come bacck to them on a rainy day.

View attachment 102515

View attachment 102516

View attachment 102517
Exactly the stuff I used ??

Chassi looks wicked man .. must have taken some elbow grease. Did you so the shocks aswel or are they aftermarket?

Last edited:
Chassi looks wicked man .. must have taken some elbow grease. Did you so the shocks aswel or are they aftermarket?

Thanks! Nah they're ZD Racing ones. I've spent more than i probably should have on the rest of it :LOL: and the stock shocks are a bit pricey. These were only £12 a pair. I upgraded my Kraton to an EXB chassis so used it as the platform for this but wanted a different look. It was actually probably the easiest part to do as its just a big flat surface rather than the fiddlier smaller parts.

Thanks! Nah they're ZD Racing ones. I've spent more than i probably should have on the rest of it :LOL: and the stock shocks are a bit pricey. These were only £12 a pair. I upgraded my Kraton to an EXB chassis so used it as the platform for this but wanted a different look. It was actually probably the easiest part to do as its just a big flat surface rather than the fiddlier smaller parts.
There is no such thing as " spent more than I probably should have" with this hobby ?.
Still the shocks look great ?

What did you use to remove anodising.??
Greased lightning is THE best for taking off the anadizing. You just let the parts sit in the greased lightning and the color comes off. No scrubbing. Sell it at Home depot. Not expensive. Safe for your hands unlike drain cleaner and oven cleaner.

Hmmm, nice till it starts oxidising, unless you cover with clear lacquer ?
What's oxidising?
You were both correct ?
Same exact process it’s just that the English spelling is “oxidize” and the British spelling is “oxidise”

ähhm not to rip the fun out of this but anodising is to harden the aluminium. So what you are doing is actualy reducing durability of your parts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back