Kraton Arrma kratom lasts 5 min then stops

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yaourt

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have a stock arrma kratom 6s blx the batteries are fully charge works great for 5 mins or so then just stops if I turn it off and on it does the same thing charger says batteries are fine new to RC and have no clue what is wrong any help would be appreciated

Two 3s batteries? What does the battery voltage look like when it shuts off? (Volts per cell?)

Is the ESC blinking After shutdown? The flashes usually mean something (manual outlines what they mean).

No binding in the drivetrain?

Could be bad batteries, bad esc, bad motor, bad connection.

Sounds like low MaH batteries. Check your ESC settings for voltage cutoff. If it’s set to “high” that could be your issue.

I have a stock arrma kratom 6s blx the batteries are fully charge works great for 5 mins or so then just stops if I turn it off and on it does the same thing charger says batteries are fine new to RC and have no clue what is wrong any help would be appreciated
The batteries I'm using is 2 3s 5000mah 50c spectrum Lippo batteries. Think they read 3.9 in each cell after it stoped

I am happy when I last 5 minutes, but that for another section of this forum I guess....

Check the ESC if it is blinking rapidly when it stopped, it might be a shutdown because of ESC or motor temperature. Is the ESC or motor very hot, so hot you cannot touch it for 3 seconds or more?

Try running it on 1 3s battery for a reference, that should not overheat the motor or ESC. Just to eliminate that.

3.9 volts is fine. Even the setting at high for the voltage cut off is 3.4 volts.

Two 3s batteries? What does the battery voltage look like when it shuts off? (Volts per cell?)

Is the ESC blinking After shutdown? The flashes usually mean something (manual outlines what they mean).

No binding in the drivetrain?

Could be bad batteries, bad esc, bad motor, bad connection.
So took it out again all cells this time at 4.0 but I did notice that the ESC is blinking ounce everything is cool to touch
nothing is really hot. full batteries in controller.

So took it out again all cells this time at 4.0 but I did notice that the ESC is blinking ounce everything is cool to touch
nothing is really hot. full batteries in controller.
You could change your esc lvc cutoff to a lower setting. Due to the relatively low 50c battery rating, they may be suffering from voltage sag as well

You could change your esc lvc cutoff to a lower setting. Due to the relatively low 50c battery rating, they may be suffering from voltage sag as well
How would I change my ESC LVL cut off new to RC never done that before and don't see anything about it in the manual I have thank you

How would I change my ESC LVL cut off new to RC never done that before and don't see anything about it in the manual I have thank you
If it’s cutting when the cells are 3.9 or 4.0 volts than it’s not your LVC and you do not need to change it.
You said the ESC is blinking? Look up the series of blinks, it’ll tell you why it’s shutting down. If the ESC says LVC, then your batteries are most likely at fault. It could be a thermal as well. You said ESC blinks after it cools down? It must blink when it shuts down then. How hot is the motor and ESC?

If it’s cutting when the cells are 3.9 or 4.0 volts than it’s not your LVC and you do not need to change it.
You said the ESC is blinking? Look up the series of blinks, it’ll tell you why it’s shutting down. If the ESC says LVC, then your batteries are most likely at fault. It could be a thermal as well. You said ESC blinks after it cools down? It must blink when it shuts down then. How hot is the motor and ESC?
Both ESC and motor are cool to the touch when it stops the ESC is blinking once. Was wondering if it could have something to do with my remote control or the receiver cause when I turn it on the ESC light blinks once and it does nothing but if I turn the throttle nob up it stops blinking and it works then I drive it for 5 to 10 minutes and then it starts to slow down then just stops and the red light is blinking once again if I turn it off and on its the same thing over again thank you for the help
Both ESC and motor are cool to the touch when it stops the ESC is blinking once. Was wondering if it could have something to do with my remote control or the receiver cause when I turn it on the ESC light blinks once and it does nothing but if I turn the throttle nob up it stops blinking and it works then I drive it for 5 to 10 minutes and then it starts to slow down then just stops and the red light is blinking once again if I turn it off and on its the same thing over again thank you for the help
Also found out that u can't change the cutoff LVL on the v5 kraton do you think a 100c battery may solve my problem I'm using 2 3s 5000mah 50c batteries

Also found out that u can't change the cutoff LVL on the v5 kraton do you think a 100c battery may solve my problem I'm using 2 3s 5000mah 50c batteries
That’s an LVC shutdown. When you’re bashing with low-C batteries the voltage can momentarily sag under the cutoff threshold and trip the ESC. You could probably restart it and run it more.
As for the other symptoms, you should definitely recalibrate your ESC like you did when it was new.
The manual is your friend. All of that info is in there.
IMG_2606.jpeg

How to recalibrate. (You don’t need to remove the electronics, obviously.)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back