Typhon Differences between models

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nookiemonster

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
Hey gang,
I wanted to know if anyone knew the difference between the 2 4x4 3s typhons.

Now I know#ARA102722 is the older version as it comes with the tactic radio (reason I want it)

the newer version is:#AR102696

does anyone know if it’s just the radio’s that differ? Or are there other upgrades that were made?
Thanks

It’s the slipper pads, radio, and the ESC plug. You want the older one if possible. If you end up with the new one, just get a better radio. The slipper pads and ESC plugs aren’t a big deal.

It’s the slipper pads, radio, and the ESC plug. You want the older one if possible. If you end up with the new one, just get a better radio. The slipper pads and ESC plugs aren’t a big deal.
They also added that cap pack to the esc.

ah mate thanks for this, I’ve managed to get the older one as I can’t stand the controller on my Granite, it’s awful, feels like I’m driving a real sized truck. I’m not sure how important all the other bits you said as I’m a rook so still learning but thanks again!

ah mate thanks for this, I’ve managed to get the older one as I can’t stand the controller on my Granite, it’s awful, feels like I’m driving a real sized truck. I’m not sure how important all the other bits you said as I’m a rook so still learning but thanks again!
ESC plug doesn't really make a difference and the slipper is supposed to work better but to me they all work the same.

ESC plug doesn't really make a difference and the slipper is supposed to work better but to me they all work the same.
Annoyingly the website stated and pictured it coming with the tactic, but they’ve just gone ahead and sent me the new one with the god awful sx2 anyways ?

Annoyingly the website stated and pictured it coming with the tactic, but they’ve just gone ahead and sent me the new one with the god awful sx2 anyways ?
Well that's disappointing.

I love Spectrum. But them free radios are just poop... The Tactic units feel just soooo much better...

Heyho I guess....

Believe they made the input gear shorter and added the nut in the slipper so it does not loosen by itself.

This thread is 2 years old
And the op hasn't even been on in almost a year Last seen Oct 13, 2020

What is up with all this thread necromancy lately? Please make it stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back