Digging deeper into the Rocker posts/rod ends/ shock shafts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not had a lot of trouble with shafts just ends. kraton caps will thread on but need some diffrent balls to mount them with... I have a set just have not gotten around to putting them on.

I have not had a lot of trouble with shafts just ends. kraton caps will thread on but need some diffrent balls to mount them with... I have a set just have not gotten around to putting them on.
Mine haven't come off yet either but I just see them becoming an issue since I have upgraded the rod ends and put on the aluminum rockers. Somethings gotta give in a bad event and I just hate when it's the shock caps on an rc because they're annoying. I just wanna try to focus the failure point to the spot I want. I saw that the Kraton caps fit with some mods but I'm trying to find some that can be aluminum and still have aluminium pivot balls.

I think there is a missunderstanding.
The picture of Havoc shows a collision (see in red). Havoc shows the area that should be removed (see in green).
For me this cold be the reason of sideward forces.

Our shok shaft was broken after only two rides and my son drives not very roughly.

Attachments

• IMG_20161121_143107.jpg
    IMG_20161121_143107.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0931.JPG
    IMG_0931.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 91
I personally haven't had trouble with shock shafts either and my Nero has seen some decent air as well as it's fair share of crashes. I even cracked 2 wheels in a crash on the street.
On a side note hot racing has aluminum rockers out finally. Maybe these could help with what the OP was talking about, I believe it was Havoc.
http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?partnumber=NRO27M01;c=1019

Thank you !
The rocker arms of hot racing are looking good.
It seems to be very new. For a few days I was looking at the homepage of hot racing and there I saw them not.
But the assembly is only one-sided.
Is someone here, who had already test this parts?
I would like to know, why only one of our two neros the shock shaft is broken off again.

Sure thing! Once I have the proper funds I will buy a set of these, may have to wait until after Xmas though. Yeah there is only one plate but the rocker arms bolt on with a bolt and nut so it should stay in place.
As for your shock shaft I don't have an answer. Maybe it was the angle of landing. Maybe it was a bad batch and bad luck. Or maybe there is a problem with that shock body and that one assembly needs to be rebuilt or replaces with new components. That is a hard question to answer. I hope you figure out a solution though.

Wow those look good. And there are a few adjustable holes for the push rod end to mount. I may have to make a purchase sooner rather than later. And they do appear to fix the "binding" issue the OP mentioned. The real question now is how durable are they?

Shipping to germany is also possible $14,50. So should buy two at the same time.

First I put the shocks further inside and test. Original the shocks are mounted at the outside of the 4 possibilitys.

Wow those look good. And there are a few adjustable holes for the push rod end to mount.
And they do appear to fix the "binding" issue the OP mentioned.

Those look really good. I'm pleasantly suprised that they did add that clearance in for the shock side. I expect these will eliminate the issue I'm concerned with.

Wow those look good. And there are a few adjustable holes for the push rod end to mount. I may have to make a purchase sooner rather than later. And they do appear to fix the "binding" issue the OP mentioned. The real question now is how durable are they?

Then we are already two, who have declared themselves ready for the first test

Shipping to germany is also possible $14,50. So should buy two at the same time.

First I put the shocks further inside and test. Original the shocks are mounted at the outside of the 4 possibilitys.

At that point, it's almost not worth your time to design and manufacture your own.

I'm thinking you are breaking the plastic rod ends and not the shafts themselves, but I could be wrong. either way, the rocker arms could be to blame. make sure that the slot in your spring perch is lined up inside the rocker arm as I pictured earlier. it can only help.

Then we are already two, who have declared themselves ready for the first test
Sure are. I am looking at a new motor so that is coming first as my rockers are not broken. But these are definitely going to happen.. So long as the lady doesn't find out I'm about to drop another possible couple hundred on the Nero... haha

At that point, it's almost not worth your time to design and manufacture your own.

I'm thinking you are breaking the plastic rod ends and not the shafts themselves, but I could be wrong. either way, the rocker arms could be to blame. make sure that the slot in your spring perch is lined up inside the rocker arm as I pictured earlier. it can only help.

Thank you, I will make sure!

Sure are. I am looking at a new motor so that is coming first as my rockers are not broken. But these are definitely going to happen.. So long as the lady doesn't find out I'm about to drop another possible couple hundred on the Nero... haha

I am already beyond this point. My wife counts the money not at all anymore that I stuck in the hobby.
But I have the problem that I always have two neros that need to be repaired :-(
When I bought them, I thought they would be unbreakable. But after the first ride only the driving mode changed and not the number of broken parts. But it makes a lot of fun :))

Thank you, I will make sure!

I am already beyond this point. My wife counts the money not at all anymore that I stuck in the hobby.
But I have the problem that I always have two neros that need to be repaired :-(
When I bought them, I thought they would be unbreakable. But after the first ride only the driving mode changed and not the number of broken parts. But it makes a lot of fun :))
Haha, yeah I have dumped tons of $$ into mine also. Thankfully I am at a point that the parts I have replaced I did so with higher quality ones and haven't broken anything in a while minus a spur gear which was my doing in not making sure it was meshed properly. That and motor/ esc combo, but again I didn't do the proper research into that, and its on a whole other thread here so not going into it. Lol.

138525.jpg
IMG_20161121_143107.jpg

Ok so on the Hot Racing parts, you can see their shape looks just like the picture below with the suggested trimming.

Looking closer though, it appears that they are only one sided, or not captured for the rod ends. I'm not sure how that will play out. you might have hardware issues and flex there. on the other side of that coin, I kind of like the fact it's not a twin plate. the factory rod ends kind of bind in the factory rockers, and the associated ends definitely do. not having that rod end captured will allow for the range of motion needed.

I am kind of bummed they didn't add one more location to increase the travel. I'd have liked to see a rocker that would give you more articulation, or at least allow you to maximize your suspension travel to where the arms bottom out on the bulkheads, eliminating the need for suspension limit straps. oh well. I guess you can't have it all.

I agree that having one plate could be better as it would not be in the way and bind. As far as travel we will just have to see how they actually do. Since none of us have them yet, it's all speculation. Lol. Same with durability and any other issues that may or may not arise. But like Havoc said, can't have it all.

I agree that having one plate could be better as it would not be in the way and bind. As far as travel we will just have to see how they actually do. Since none of us have them yet, it's all speculation. Lol. Same with durability and any other issues that may or may not arise. But like Havoc said, can't have it all.

I'll let you know more when mine show up ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back