Kraton Disapponting 1st Offroad Run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol i had the same problem with my kraton 8s broke in 10min no jumps but HH did send me a replacement. but also they said they don't replace broken aarm but i got lucky
They sent me some replacement arms too...It can't hurt to have a couple of spares.

IMG_5006.JPG

So I had a great day at a big R/C event this past weekend. Truck ran strong & plenty of runtime. I thought I'd actually gotten away without breaking more parts & that I was good to bring it on another excursion planned for this upcoming weekend. Then while cleaning, I discovered this. Now the FRONT arm is cracked. Unbelievable. I managed to rush-order the RPM FRONT arms in time for my trip, but come on. There's a good reason why it was so hard to find the part....I really hope it's just the suspension arms & I don't have to baby this thing or expect to break something every time out. The guy with the XMaxx was launching his truck 20ft in the air & crashing onto concrete & the thing didn't miss a beat. I hate to think that's the more durable truck & I made a mistake but I still like my Kraton better... at least I will as long as this does't turn into a pattern. I did plenty of jumping for sure, but reasonable ones & not a single landing I could point to that was off-kilter or should have (in my opinion) busted anything :mad:

IMG_5029.jpg

This is why I stayed away from the 8S for my first truck. Just so much darn weight. Also, my K6S shock boots from FullforceRC haven't had any issues or tears in a number of runs.

After I pick up every other ARRMA, I'll hang an 8S on a wall and look how pretty it is.

So far I'm happy with the shock boots as well. I can't say the same for the Dusty Motors dust cover I got for the chassis though; there was plenty of filth inside the area that was supposed to protect. I hated working on my old E-Revo, and didn't love the plastic-everything, but I beat the absolute piss out of it for like 8 years & it kept on tickin. I don't mind adjusting my driving style & terrain for the larger, heavier truck...I realize it's not a stunt vehicle like some of those others, but I really did expect better durability, especially for the price tag. Oh well, enough bitching. I got my RPM Arms & will try another off-road bash session next weekend.

I'm not impressed with the 8S line, avoiding it due to all these reliability issues. Then again it's 35lbs on wheels, something must give.

Ive had a lot more success out of my Outcast 8s than my Kraton 8s. The outcast just takes it and keeps going. My Kraton always has something going wrong. My little 6s Notorious is virtually indestructible other than breaking wing mounts lol.

So I had a great day at a big R/C event this past weekend. Truck ran strong & plenty of runtime. I thought I'd actually gotten away without breaking more parts & that I was good to bring it on another excursion planned for this upcoming weekend. Then while cleaning, I discovered this. Now the FRONT arm is cracked. Unbelievable. I managed to rush-order the RPM FRONT arms in time for my trip, but come on. There's a good reason why it was so hard to find the part....I really hope it's just the suspension arms & I don't have to baby this thing or expect to break something every time out. The guy with the XMaxx was launching his truck 20ft in the air & crashing onto concrete & the thing didn't miss a beat. I hate to think that's the more durable truck & I made a mistake but I still like my Kraton better... at least I will as long as this does't turn into a pattern. I did plenty of jumping for sure, but reasonable ones & not a single landing I could point to that was off-kilter or should have (in my opinion) busted anything :mad:

View attachment 140855
just buy Aluminum aarm just don't do jumps and have a good bumper

To me out of all my trucks the k8 is the best truck for me. Now i have spent lot of time and mony on it. But now this truck is a real beast. And i beat the heack out of it. K8 is for me

20210809_135333_HDR.jpg

20210809_135312.jpg

To me out of all my trucks the k8 is the best truck for me. Now i have spent lot of time and mony on it. But now this truck is a real beast. And i beat the heack out of it. K8 is for me

View attachment 179858

View attachment 179859
noice rig mate … 1/5 is definitely a new level of $ when it comes to replacement parts… If i had to find something to complain about it’s the battery straps & body clips. They both can be a b*tch to undo with my fat fingers…while we’re on the subject - what else have you spent $ on that worked out well?

Are these 8s arms that bad? I’ve had some bad landing and bent my hing pins and axels but never broke a arm yet…they must be strong if they are bending steel pins and driveshafts and not breaking imo, I like the stock ones because of the droop screw location. Maybe I’m not beating my Outcast hard enuf.

Are these 8s arms that bad? I’ve had some bad landing and bent my hing pins and axels but never broke a arm yet…they must be strong if they are bending steel pins and driveshafts and not breaking imo, I like the stock ones because of the droop screw location. Maybe I’m not beating my Outcast hard enuf.
It’s more people’s driving style imo.
I had a stock set of rears on my V1 K8s for a year and a half of brutal punishment. Fronts on the other hand were my Achilles, they broke all the time.. RPM solved my front problem tho. Other people have more issues with the rears. Hence driving style.. front lander/rear lander. 🤷‍♂️

RC trucks don’t just break themselves. It’s like an argument, it takes two. Blaming the truck is pointless. Doesn’t matter if it’s 3s, 6s or 8s…Bad driving gives a bad results.

Fix it and learn how to drive.

Agreed, I just thumped my notorious for about 40 bucks. It’s not the truck

Agreed, I just thumped my notorious for about 40 bucks. It’s not the truck

Yup. I am constantly clipping rocks, hitting a tree, blowing a jump and breaking minor things. Occasionally major things. That’s part of it. There is no such thing as an indestructible RC car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back