Outcast Discontinued?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately it's getting about 150 degrees give or take using a temp gun and Horizon says that's too hot. That is a velocity stack/rock guard
150 degrees Fahrenheit is too hot? That is about 65C Celsius.

Look at what Hobbywing writes about there 3665 motor:
Screenshot_20240509_205026_Samsung Notes.jpg

Hobbywing writes: Never allow the motor case to be 100 degrees Celsius/212F.

I would not be worried about 65 degrees C, if it would be 85-90 degrees C, is a different story, but don't battle 65C/150F.

Last edited:
150 degrees Fahrenheit is too hot? That is about 65C Celsius.

Look at what Hobbywing writes about there 3665 motor:
View attachment 365526

Never allow the motor case to be 100 degrees.

I would not be worried about 65 degrees C, if it would be 85-90 degrees C, is a different story, but don't battle 65C/150F.
You said never allow the motor case to me 100 degrees or was that a misspelling?

I quoted the Hobbywing manual: 100 degrees Celsius.

What I see/read is that 170F/77C is considered a safe maximum for the can temperature.
My bad! I missed that part. I'm solely going off what Horizon has been telling me

A pity that Horizon is so conservative. Probably to cover their *ss.

Anyways, I hope this info makes you more relaxed regarding the motor temps. Happy bashing!
Could very well be. They sent me a new motor due to the original one getting closer to 200 degrees the last run. The new one is the one flirting with 150

One of the reasons brushless motor shouldn't get too hot is because of the magnets.

https://supermagneticshop.com/blog/demagnetization/

What is the maximum working temperature for a neodymium magnet?
The working temperature of standard Neodymium magnets is 80°C. Special neodymium magnets can be manufactured to have a higher temperature tolerance. This is indicated by a letter written after the grade of magnetization. A neodymium magnet with an “M” (like N35 M) can be heated up to 100°C. An “H” magnet up to 120°C, “SH” up to 150°C, “UH” up to 180°C, “EH” up to 200°C, and a “TH” up to 220°C. Our standard neodymium magnets (no letter shown) have a working temperature of up to 80°C; ask our team if you need neodymium magnets with higher heat tolerance.

One of the reasons brushless motor shouldn't get too hot is because of the magnets.

https://supermagneticshop.com/blog/demagnetization/

What is the maximum working temperature for a neodymium magnet?
The working temperature of standard Neodymium magnets is 80°C. Special neodymium magnets can be manufactured to have a higher temperature tolerance. This is indicated by a letter written after the grade of magnetization. A neodymium magnet with an “M” (like N35 M) can be heated up to 100°C. An “H” magnet up to 120°C, “SH” up to 150°C, “UH” up to 180°C, “EH” up to 200°C, and a “TH” up to 220°C. Our standard neodymium magnets (no letter shown) have a working temperature of up to 80°C; ask our team if you need neodymium magnets with higher heat tolerance.
I mean i have no problems sending it while it's under warranty if theyre going to take care of it. Its the when it runs out of warranty part that concerns me haha. What do you mean by ask our team?

I mean i have no problems sending it while it's under warranty if theyre going to take care of it. Its the when it runs out of warranty part that concerns me haha. What do you mean by ask our team?
That text is copied from that website. The website has a team that they are referring to.

Back