Do I buy it or not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashTillBroken

Very Active Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Coming around to lap you AGAIN….. (Oregon)
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Senton 3s
Found an trx4 and traxxas rustler 2wd both in worn condition but for 110$ want to get an nx8 but if I buy this I’ll have to wait a bit help me decide
IMG_4427.jpeg
IMG_4425.jpeg

IMG_4426.jpeg

Do you own a Crawler already? Want one? Price seems right. I'm happy with my TRX 4 Sport roller. I prefer my Axials somewhat better. Better transmission IMHO. But the TRX4 was a give me by a friend who gave up the hobby. He always needed me to fix it for him. I tossed $1k into it. Ouch. Warn Winch and all... Notorious clear painted body. Which is shown in my Avatar.
Just you will need some good Coin to get them both sorted out. Both good donor platforms to work with . Winter project like you said. (y)
The Rustler for a Drag setup with a nice Retro Nova body perhaps?:LOL:
Only your wallet knows best.

Last edited:
Do you own a Crawler already? Want one? Price seems right.
But will need some good Coin to get them both sorted out. Both good donor paltforms to work with .
The Rustler for Drag setup with a nice Retro body perhaps.
Only your wallet knows best.
Yeah I have a crawler and a rustler allready that will eventually become a drag car

That what I’ve been saving for
But this deal is good but the cars are in bad condition so they would be project cars
NX8!! More projects, more money…

NX8!! More projects, more money…
That’s true right now I don’t have much dough all of its going towards my fire science degree gosh darn planning my future can’t spent money like a manic anymore

Sounds like a good deal. The TRX4 Axles alone are probably worth $50 if they aren't too torn up. In general the TRX-4 is a great rig. It's nearly indestrucable, I sent mine off a cliff yesterday and it loved it and you can get just about aftermarket everything.

The Rustler is similarly tough. Parts are cheap and they are easy to work on.

Thats a Bandit 😋
Keep in mind the xl5 bandit has different hubs for the bushings and the bearings don't fit them. Also the C hub has a different (larger) pin then the bearing hub so you need hub, carrier and pin for bearings. Hole in a arm is larger also so arms too..
Wierd traxxas stuff..

Sounds like a good deal. The TRX4 Axles alone are probably worth $50 if they aren't too torn up. In general the TRX-4 is a great rig. It's nearly indestrucable, I sent mine off a cliff yesterday and it loved it and you can get just about aftermarket everything.

The Rustler is similarly tough. Parts are cheap and they are easy to work on.
Yeah tell me about it. The only stock TRX4 parts left is the Frame , Battery lower tray and Transmission. Easy to dump every single upgrade into it. $1k worth. Just before Covid hit. Now figure the same parts would be closer to $2k. :mad:
But I still say my 2 scx10.2 Axials are the better Crawlers. Spent half as much to dial them in nicely.

Yeah tell me about it. The only stock TRX4 parts left is the Frame , Battery lower tray and Transmission. Easy to dump every single upgrade into it. $1k worth. Just before Covid hit. Now figure the same parts would closer to $2k. :mad:
But I still say my 2 Aials are the better Crawlers. Spent half as much to dial them in nicely.
I still have the stock axles, micro servos, transmission, frame, shocks, and links. Pretty much the rest has been modified or replaced. Now I'm trimming the body to stop rubbing on everything.

Eventually I will be putting the Vanquish Origin Body to go on there. I'm working (slowly) on the mounting and will figure it out some day. However, it's a really nice body and will be sad when I send it off a cliff. o_O

No matter which RC you get it's endless tweaking and tuning. Followed by CC bills.

It's only a good deal if you use them. Once you start collecting a bunch of cars/trucks/planes etc., some will inevitably sit and not get used. Save your money for stuff you really want. (y)

Yeah tell me about it. The only stock TRX4 parts left is the Frame , Battery lower tray and Transmission. Easy to dump every single upgrade into it. $1k worth. Just before Covid hit. Now figure the same parts would be closer to $2k. :mad:
But I still say my 2 scx10.2 Axials are the better Crawlers. Spent half as much to dial them in nicely.
I prefer my Axial SCX10 II 1955 Ford F100 over my TRX-4 Defender. I feel the Axial is a nimbler vehicle.

SCX10.2 1955 Ford F100.jpg

That TRX-4 looks pretty roached, man. Good price for sure though, so that could justify a rebuild. You’d probably end up with a better than stock truck for about the same money.
You could keep the Rustler for that obnoxious kid from down the street who always shows up and wants to bash. That’s what mine is for.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back