Big Rock Do the 3s BLX need the fan when running on 2s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adaptive

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
My kids have recently taken to running their 3s BLX trucks (Big Rock and Typhon) in tje novice class at the local track. It's kind of a pain for them to open up the receiver box and plug in the loaner transponders and then restuff the wires etc. They are only running on 2s. Is the fan needed at this voltage? If not, it would be much easier to unplug the fan and then plug in the transponder to this (already accessible) port.

My kids have recently taken to running their 3s BLX trucks (Big Rock and Typhon) in tje novice class at the local track. It's kind of a pain for them to open up the receiver box and plug in the loaner transponders and then restuff the wires etc. They are only running on 2s. Is the fan needed at this voltage? If not, it would be much easier to unplug the fan and then plug in the transponder to this (already accessible) port.

How long are the races?

You could also attach another extension cable to the rx's battery port and have the other end of the cable out of the receiver box to make it easier for your kiddos.

Or just get a Y-splitter and add it to the fan's port so you can tap off of it.

1703259395566.png

Screenshot_20231222-093654.png

Last edited:

For racing on 2s I would just remove the entire heatsink from the motor just to cut down the weight a little bit and then use the pigtail from the motor fan to plug in the transponder.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back