Does anyone run the castle Mamba X with a 4092

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This might be a bit much information but I'm going to type it all out so people can reference it in other threads.

Two surface product lines; Sidewinder and Mamba. Sidewinder is the value line for low cost of entry. Designed to replace RTR electronics, a huge upgrade from brushed motors, better control and programmability than brushless RTR electronics. Mamba is the high end line. As many features as we can fit in the desired form factor.

Sidewinder line has three ESCs(listed smallest to largest):
Sidewinder Micro 2: 1/18th scale, 2-3s, 2 amp BEC, Not Waterproof, no fan, no heat sink. 3.5mm motor bullets.
Sidewinder 4: 1/10th scale, 2-3s, 2 amp BEC, waterproof, 30mm fan. 4.0mm motor bullets. Handles 3x the power of the Sidewinder Micro 2.
Sidewinder 8th: 1/8th scale, 2-6s, 8 amp BEC, waterproof, 30mm fan. 6.5mm motor bullets. Handles 4.5x the power of the Sidewinder Micro 2 and 50% more power than the Sidewinder 4.

Mamba Line has five ESCs(listed smallest to largest):
Mamba Micro X: 1/18th scale, 2-3s, 2 amp BEC, AUX wire, waterproof, sensor port, no fan. 3.5mm motor bullets. Very similar ESC design to the Sidewinder Micro 2, but handles about 40% more power. Also works in 1/10th scale for racing with 17.5T or 13.5 turn motors on 2s in 2wd buggies and 2wd stadium trucks.
Mamba X: 1/10 scale, 2-6s, 8 amp BEC, AUX wire, waterproof, sensor port, 30mm fan. 4.0mm motor bullets Handles 2.2x the power of the Mamba Micro X and about 40% more power than the Sidewinder 4. Also works in 1/8th scale buggies for 4s racing.
Mamba X: 1/10 scale, 2-6s, 8 amp BEC, AUX wire, waterproof, sensor port, 30mm fan. 4.0mm motor bullets Handles 2.2x the power of the Mamba Micro X and about 40% more power than the Sidewinder 4. Also works in 1/8th scale buggies for 4s racing.
Hi Robert

my apologies for digging up this thread, I was looking at my pile of Castle ESCs(I have a CC hoarding problem) and realized every mamba x combo I have come across says 4s max, even the 2200kv 1515 combo. Is there a motor that one can run 6s on Mamba X?

Hi Robert

my apologies for digging up this thread, I was looking at my pile of Castle ESCs(I have a CC hoarding problem) and realized every mamba x combo I have come across says 4s max, even the 2200kv 1515 combo. Is there a motor that one can run 6s on Mamba X?
The 1515 is made for 6s, but we don't recommend using it on the mamba x on 6s because the ESC isn't really made for running a 1515, but works well in smaller 1/8th scales like 4s racing buggies. No reason it wouldn't work if you monitored current/temps, but we don't suggest it because people will take our max values and use them as suggestions of setup and we don't want people to push it that hard. We don't make any motors that are rated for 6s, but there are a few crawler motors(outrunners) that work on 6s with it. It isn't really recommended to use 6s in a 1/10 scale because there isn't much advantage and if someone is running 6s we recommend they step up to a Mamba Monster X for the extra current handling. We rate the mamba x for 6s mostly because we can. There isn't much advantage to making a 4s ESC and building it for 6s is better for marketing even if we don't expect anyone to use it at that voltage.

The 1515 is made for 6s, but we don't recommend using it on the mamba x on 6s because the ESC isn't really made for running a 1515, but works well in smaller 1/8th scales like 4s racing buggies. No reason it wouldn't work if you monitored current/temps, but we don't suggest it because people will take our max values and use them as suggestions of setup and we don't want people to push it that hard. We don't make any motors that are rated for 6s, but there are a few crawler motors(outrunners) that work on 6s with it. It isn't really recommended to use 6s in a 1/10 scale because there isn't much advantage and if someone is running 6s we recommend they step up to a Mamba Monster X for the extra current handling. We rate the mamba x for 6s mostly because we can. There isn't much advantage to making a 4s ESC and building it for 6s is better for marketing even if we don't expect anyone to use it at that voltage.
i see. Thank you Robert for the information. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back