Does anyone use AliExpress?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldgoat

Reaction score
Does anyone use this website or shop or whatever it is called? I was thinking of getting a Flysky noble and this website came up. The price is considerably less expensive. Any pros or cons or is it fake?

That is quite a bit of money to chance on AliExpress. I buy form them all the time and rarely have a problem but I would not risk that much money there, but that is just me.
I just bought a FlySky GT5 from AE and was sweating that purchase. Luckily it came brand new in the box and worked fine.
Always check the product when you get it to make sure it works and is not a repackaged return.
Also make sure the seller is reputable, has lots of fake reviews and the product is covered by AE's buyer protection. I have only had to use it once.
Good luck.

Yes I frequently buy off aliexpress. Generally I try to avoid complicated electronics thru Ali, but overall look for these things to get yourself the best odds of a good product:
-seller has been around for a few years
-product has been ordered many times (50+ is good, 200+ is better)
-even better if the product has reviews and they are good
You're looking for a reputable seller than wants to keep selling, so they are motivated to get good customer relations. What you're buying is less important than what the seller is like.

Avoid sellers less than a year old for expensive things, or sellers that have sold less than 10 of that item.

I’ve never had an issue buying from AliExpress. As mentioned, shipping takes awhile. The prices are great though, and you’ll recognize many “unbranded” parts for pennies on the dollar. For example, pretty much the entire Hot Racing catalog is on there, but they aren’t branded HR. Just the same parts from the same factories for cheap. You’ll spot a ton of products like that on there.

They are legit, good advice above. Ebay is typically the same i.e. if it says ship from China you just have someone doing a drop shipment through Aliexpress.

☝🏼 same as above. Got my noble nb4 from a dealer in the states in case something happens to it.

I bought a NB4 from bangood. AliExpress never have me a problem. Pay through PayPal and you'll be ok

Yes I started using it about 5 months ago. So far so good. But I haven't bought anything expensive. There is a lot of cheap, china copy stuff on there so be careful. But I haven't had any issues.

Last edited:
Ive bought several things through aliexpress. Usually relatively inexpensive stuff.
If your looking at anything that you would ever be concerned about service or warranty with, forget about it! The communication through aliexpress is terrible!

ordered some fans from them waited 3 weeks didn't get them. emailed them and they said they must have got lost so they payed the money straight back into my bank not bothered since

I dropped from diamond to platinum memebr, so yes i buy there a lot.

For EU customers take note that any purchase above 150€, import/vat is separate.
I recently bought something for 300€ and had to pay 120€ extra, luckily it was still a lot cheaper than buying it locally.

There can be fraudulant shops, but if the same item is sold for a simular price by many vendors it's nothing to worry about. Buyer protection is assured anyways. I've always been compensated in the 2-4% things went wrong.

Always check for shipping options: 7-12 day delivery options are great. Always prefer "AliExpress Standard Shipping" above others like "Cainiao Standard"

I ordered my big ass tp 5870 800kv sensored motor from aliexpress. With shipping it's almost 500$ and DHL express getting it from China to me in only a couple of days. I think it shipped Monday and be here Thursday. aliexpress has been good to me so far. Actually have a big order coming today too, ups shipping, took a week.

Edit: wow my motor is actually getting here today! that is crazy to me. DHL express is no freaking joke. They just made ups look slow. Can't believe my item ship from china on monday and here today, that is just bonkers to me :eek: :eek:

Last edited:
I ordered my big ass tp 5870 800kv sensored motor from aliexpress. With shipping it's almost 500$ and DHL express getting it from China to me in only a couple of days. I think it shipped Monday and be here Thursday. aliexpress has been good to me so far. Actually have a big order coming today too, ups shipping, took a week.

Edit: wow my motor is actually getting here today! that is crazy to me. DHL express is no freaking joke. They just made ups look slow. Can't believe my item ship from china on monday and here today, that is just bonkers to me :eek: :eek:
That's just simple physics, they float against earth rotation and gain about 7 days if you do it right, doesn't work for flat earthers though o_O

Make sure you use Paypal. Just know, if there are any problems you will have to use Paypal to help you out and I am sure that would only fly so many times..

Make sure you use Paypal. Just know, if there are any problems you will have to use Paypal to help you out and I am sure that would only fly so many times..
Good advice. I use PayPal for most online transactions.

Still waiting for a larger order from over a year ago.. Package was lost, Ali denied all claims and appeals. Seems like they are great as long as you don't need help.

I recently ordered shims twice and they just never bothered to ship. Found a different seller and they arrived in 2 weeks.

I’ve never had an issue buying from AliExpress. As mentioned, shipping takes awhile. The prices are great though, and you’ll recognize many “unbranded” parts for pennies on the dollar. For example, pretty much the entire Hot Racing catalog is on there, but they aren’t branded HR. Just the same parts from the same factories for cheap. You’ll spot a ton of products like that on there.
+1

I just had to contact support over a refund for an item. I have to ship item back on sellers dime and getting full refund. they denied me at first, seems like they didn't understand my problem and it took me repeating the process with a small threat of going to PayPal at the end 🤣 🤣

I tend to avoid the big ticket, complex items and fragile purchases. I might buy some simple gumball items in bulk. Or items I simply can't find elsewhere first. Sometimes I rather pay a little more locally online. The extra coin is the insurance in many cases.
If you are stuck returning something to AE , the high $return postage$ just ruined a wet dream. Costing more than what you purchased. And AE and their sellers know this. This guarantees less returns for them. And a total loss for you. Been there. DOA fans and other items that were NG. I have a bin full of crap here like this.
I chose to pay more for my NB4, and not chance AE to save more coin.
Go with your gut.

You also should know that AliExpress is a CCP state run joint business. The CCP garners much of the profit and controls it. As with most of China business. CCP is always a partner.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back