Does anyone have photos of bat safe boxes WITH lipos inside?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Notorious
Hi everyone

Apologies if this is in the wrong spot, so mods move if necessary.

I’m heavily considering bat safe boxes to store lipos in, but cannot find pictures of the box storing multiple batteries. Does someone have or can provide before I decide to purchase?

I currently store 2-6s lipos in multiple battery bags, but I’ve never had a lot of faith in them and these look solid and I can use when the batteries are charging.

Also, making or buying long wires to route inside seems like a major chore. Thoughts? Advice? Links? All appreciated.

Thanks!
KW

I don’t use the opening in the Batsafe. I bought extra long charging and balancing cables. The lid has flexible rubber around the edges that allow the Batsafe to be closed when charging.
You want the large/normal Batsafe, not the Mini version.

Hi everyone

Apologies if this is in the wrong spot, so mods move if necessary.

I’m heavily considering bat safe boxes to store lipos in, but cannot find pictures of the box storing multiple batteries. Does someone have or can provide before I decide to purchase?

I currently store 2-6s lipos in multiple battery bags, but I’ve never had a lot of faith in them and these look solid and I can use when the batteries are charging.

Also, making or buying long wires to route inside seems like a major chore. Thoughts? Advice? Links? All appreciated.

Thanks!
KW

You'll get more bang for your buck with ammo cans.
Just cut a section of the rubber seal in the lid to allow for venting.
You do Not want to completely seal the can with Lipos inside!

I can store several 6S Lipos in one can. 👍

Here ya go.

I don't use them for charging, just storing as a precaution measure (even though they are safest at storage charge). There's a certain limit you can store per box (I believe up to 10k mAh per the lg box-but this is also for any box-ammo cans, etc) and I'm def over the limit, but I take care of my batts and check their specs regularly. I use the mini for traveling at times.
20231106_083412.jpg
20231106_083443.jpg

You’re right to question those lipo bags. They hardly provide any benefit.

I have three medium bat safes for charging. Two sets of cables running into each safe so I can charge six batteries simultaneously.

Steel ammo cans for storage.

@Smilinbri provided some good pics so I won’t. But let me know if you need to see a specific size battery in it.

I only charge batteries in a Bat-Safe: I store my batteries in ammo cans with most of the lid gasket removed so any build-up of pressure from any possible leaking gas will be automatically released. I only leave enough gasket in the ammo cans to allow the lid locking mechanism to remain functional.

Actually got rid of the granules again. Dusty and probably not the best to breath in. I also torched those lithium fire granules to see what happens. By the time they melt I think the lipo has finished burning.

20211130_005626.jpg

With ammo boxes, how much of the seal is enough to cut off? Seems like some take most where others take some.

I cut off the seal on the side closet to the hinge..
so IF the Lipos ever vent Hot gases.. it won't be coming towards me while I try to shut the lid or lock it down..

In ammo box, I remove the seal. Don't need a bomb in my house.

Link just brings me to my saved for later items.. The first one you posted was 12gal also, no?
Yea they are both 12 gallon just different dimensions and prices. Link fixed. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back