DumboRC X6, ...Surprisingly a Brilliant Radio System

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BruiseRC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Talion
  4. Typhon 3s
....see what I did there? :ROFLMAO:

My first impressions on the Dumbo RC X6 Radio system were great. My actual experience was even better. I need to install some foam on the wheel, but otherwise it's perfect.

im very happy also with mine
got two
one reserve
and 10 extra receivers, 8us extra receiver only

long range 300m +

dumbo gyro radio (3).jpg

i took the foam from old traxxas transmitters :)

you can also buy nice wheels cheap from Ebay.
You need Futuba fit steering wheels.
Dumbo got this Futuba mount.

dumbo gyro radio (2).jpg

I have also black electrical take on the grip in one of them, this makes the radio feel alot better in hand. also i can use the 3ch buttom if i need
because the tape is soft. I will soon make the second radio same.

Higly recommend these radios
Gyro is fantastic in loose sand

Get back to me after a few months when the gyro stops working and the range starts dropping. The warranty offered is non-existent with these Chinese brands. They tell you to buy the repair parts on their Banggood site and repair yourself. F that.

Get back to me after a few months when the gyro stops working and the range starts dropping. The warranty offered is non-existent with these Chinese brands. They tell you to buy the repair parts on their Banggood site and repair yourself. F that.

You had your fingers burn with the radiolink Tx, I sympathise.. Your bad experience and poor customer service has put me right off that tx now... but for £20 odd I'll probably still take a punt on the DumboRC version. Hopefully I'll be luckier..

You had your fingers burn with the radiolink Tx, I sympathise.. Your bad experience and poor customer service has put me right off that tx now... but for £20 odd I'll probably still take a punt on the DumboRC version. Hopefully I'll be luckier..
I needed multi model capabilities, or else I would have tried a DumboRC.

Honestly, Futaba is pretty bad --

https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics/1038936-my-futaba-usa-repair-experience.html

Spektrum has the best warranty coverage, because they're part of Horizon Hobby. People hate on Spektrum, but if you're in the U.S. they pretty much have the best support.

im very happy also with mine
got two
one reserve
and 10 extra receivers, 8us extra receiver only

long range 300m +

View attachment 49689

i took the foam from old traxxas transmitters :)

you can also buy nice wheels cheap from Ebay.
You need Futuba fit steering wheels.
Dumbo got this Futuba mount.

View attachment 49690

I have also black electrical take on the grip in one of them, this makes the radio feel alot better in hand. also i can use the 3ch buttom if i need
because the tape is soft. I will soon make the second radio same.

Higly recommend these radios
Gyro is fantastic in loose sand

Can you provide pics on the backside of the wheel? I want to make sure the wheel I'm about to order with my X6 will fit

have any experience with the bugs in these? If i move the transmitter, the car will surge or steer weird or even full reverse for no reason

have any experience with the bugs in these? If i move the transmitter, the car will surge or steer weird or even full reverse for no reason
I returned my X6, it didn't live up to what everyone said about it. Mine would cut out if you would use at least 4 of the channels. I also got a receiver without a gyro. It wasn't off or broken, it was the X6F instead of X6FG

I made a video on how to get rid of that stupid plastic wheel and put on some FOAM! The way it should've come...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back