Elegoo Neptune 4 Max

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good lord this N4M has some sick quality. This is at .3 layer so it really should not look this good, but bloody hell does it.... This is for a work buddy $150.

30% infill so its beefy as heck, that only took 18 hours to print lolol. 750grams used. Stupidly fast for that much filament.

421029635_364969446477416_3090720049187321989_n.jpg
421190700_789889136289969_7406776409332538203_n.jpg
421232799_422279310235748_1573565251711527861_n.jpg
421095846_885957850199313_329161944790957977_n.jpg

Top is going now, then the bottom will be last. Cut it up into 3 chunks. Next one I do is gonna just be 1 piece I have decided. I just started it lol and its already got a ton of material down!!

421099215_284551461079756_8957818588150441178_n.jpg

Last edited:
@nomis38

Could I trouble you in taking some pics of the stepper motors of your Neptune 4 Max

And what size are those... For X,Y and Z motors?
Are they all identical in size?

I'm torn between getting the K1 Max (cause it's enclosed and CoreXY) and this N4M.
But, the price is hard to beat...

(And I'm debating on the Phrozen ARCO, about the same price as the K1Max.. with AMS ,but won't be out tell 2nd quarter..)

@nomis38

Could I trouble you in taking some pics of the stepper motors of your Neptune 4 Max

I'm torn between getting the K1 Max (cause it's enclosed and CoreXY) and this N4M.

(And I'm debating on the Phrozen ARCO, about the same price as the K1Max.. with AMS ,but won't be out tell 2nd quarter..)
They all have the same demensions. The only one I can see the model on is in the pic. The others are in a position that you can not see the model #.

bj42d22-53v04 - x-axis motor

421099219_412811084550354_6724483973205806763_n (1).jpg

@nomis38

Pretty sure the Neptune 4 max uses 42-48 and 42-34 steppers..

So im doing my first overnight print on this N4M. Darth Revan's mask.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3070738

It's pretty clear they have this cura-elegoo N4M profile dialed the F in....

First on my BIQU with full support. Painful!! 1 Day

View attachment 341740

Next N4M Orca-Slicer with completely maxed out speeds and same other settings. Trash!!! 2 Days
View attachment 341742

Elegoo Cura N4M custom from the manufacture... Amazing 10 freaking hours with full supports!! So what gives lol. I'm lost but butting my head against a wall. I guess I don't care It's fast and looks great. Done deal to me!! I am not a Guru here at all but I can say I don't care at this point. Doing a hole mask in 10 hours with full support and it looks great. What else can I ask for.

View attachment 341743

So I'm having a brain fart moment..
Are you still using the stock Elegoo-Cura slicer or some other program with your N4Max?

So this is still THEIR optimizes version but (finally) updated to 5.6 , Correct?

[Not just the Plain Jane Ultimaker Cura 5.6]
Correct.. I tried to match their settings, even did what you said to show the differences. Still couldnt get near the optimization they do if I don't use their version of Cura. Sneaky bastards, maybe they actually did adjust something in the program itself.

Correct.. I tried to match their settings, even did what you said to show the differences. Still couldnt get near the optimization they do if I don't use their version of Cura. Sneaky bastards, maybe they actually did adjust something in the program itself.

Thank you for confirming/clarifying.

That's at least one checkbox I don't have to worry about, causing me to hesitate on considering this brand/model printer...

I just stoped by my electronics store to stare at a Creality K1 Max...
I can get one of those or about one&half of those N4Max's for the price. 😂

Thank you for confirming/clarifying.

That's at least one checkbox I don't have to worry about, causing me to hesitate on considering this brand/model printer...

I just stoped by my electronics store to stare at a Creality K1 Max...
I can get one of those or about one&half of those N4Max's for the price. 😂
Yeah you cannot beat the N4M's price point with anything on the market. I was torn between the Bambu A1 and the N4m but clear choice do to bed size alone. Well at least you have seen all the things that can happen. Overall its not had any real issues imo.

The K1 Max didnt even enter my mind lolol, Also its still not a big enough bed for me.

N4M is down to $439.... Dang...

https://www.elegoo.com/products/neptune-4-max-fdm-3d-printer

Yeah you cannot beat the N4M's price point with anything on the market. I was torn between the Bambu A1 and the N4m but clear choice do to bed size alone. Well at least you have seen all the things that can happen. Overall its not had any real issues imo.

The K1 Max didnt even enter my mind lolol, Also its still not a big enough bed for me.

N4M is down to $439.... Dang...

https://www.elegoo.com/products/neptune-4-max-fdm-3d-printer

Dang..!!
I didn't want Another bed slinger..... but

Should I pull the trigger..??

Dang..!!
I didn't want Another bed slinger..... but

Should I pull the trigger..??
I can say this with certainty.... For the $ you wont have buyers remorse at all ever!!! I'll get a non-bed slinger with it has a 420mm or bigger bed and is priced no more then $600. Till then bed slinger it is. The A1 is ordered for me with AMS. Should be a fun printer, seems very techy.

I just noticed Elegoo have the OrcaSlicer version also for the N4Max..

oh do they, i'll def have to give that a try.

The only thing I hate, i mean hate lol, about Cura is slicing big things takes for ever. Nobody elses slicers are like that. Prusa no matter how big the file its seconds and its done. Super annoying. I hope orca is fast for slicing.

Did you decide on a new printer sir. My buddy at work just got the N4 250mm bed and set it up today. He is pumping out some really nice test prints. He was a total noob to printing. He got it built and printing flawlessly in no time at all. Man I remember my first few were such a pain to get figured out. People got it easy now days haha.

Did you decide on a new printer sir.

Not yet....
I'm holding out to see if something New comes out..
Cause I've been at this a while and it seems like As Soon as I commit on a printer, something Better comes right out the next week or so.. (for the same money or LESS.)

My buddy at work just got the N4 250mm bed and set it up today. He is pumping out some really nice test prints. He was a total noob to printing. He got it built and printing flawlessly in no time at all. Man I remember my first few were such a pain to get figured out. People got it easy now days haha.

Yeah, folks these days have it SO Much easier (AND Faster!!) it seems..

Not yet....
I'm holding out to see if something New comes out..
Cause I've been at this a while and it seems like As Soon as I commit on a printer, something Better comes right out the next week or so.. (for the same money or LESS.)

Yeah, folks these days have it SO Much easier (AND Faster!!) it seems..
Well even with me haha, it price dropped like a month after I bought it. Never fails

I had ENOUGH! of seeing you COMPLETING ALL your Massively LARGE prints with so Few problems/failures...
🥴

So, I pulled the trigger on a Brand New N4Max just now.
drunk the rock GIF by ALL SEEING EYES

I had ENOUGH! of seeing you COMPLETING ALL your Massively LARGE prints with so Few problems/failures...
🥴

So, I pulled the trigger on a Brand New N4Max just now.
drunk the rock GIF by ALL SEEING EYES

Nice man.. congrats..

Back