Big Rock Enferius' Big Rock Thrasher Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are suggesting to get the Mega non adjustable plastic steering links instead of the fully adjustable turnbuckles? I hope nobody takes you seriously cause that's one of the dumbest things I've heard yet.
The adjustable links are so much better than the plastic one piece links. There is a reason they put the one piece plastic links on the mega and not on the BLX rigs.
I know lol. One of the first things I did was get a batch from Jenny’s. I just wanted to make sure I was seeing correctly.
reason? 🐥 (it’s cheap) but a few things like that kept it in the low 200s. Low enough to suck me in.

I know lol. One of the first things I did was get a batch from Jenny’s. I just wanted to make sure I was seeing correctly.
reason? 🐥 (it’s cheap) but a few things like that kept it in the low 200s. Low enough to suck me in.
Yeah, I didn't mean to be so rude to that person but I couldn't believe they actually posted that. I thought it was a joke. I'm sure some people might prefer the simplicity of the one piece plastic links but to say that they are better than the adjustable links is crazy.

Yeah, I didn't mean to be so rude to that person but I couldn't believe they actually posted that. I thought it was a joke. I'm sure some people might prefer the simplicity of the one piece plastic links but to say that they are better than the adjustable links is crazy.
You’re fiery, that’s cool. I am reactive fiery. It takes something to set me off but it’s instantaneous once happens.

Yeah, I thought it was a joke to except there was too much detail. That’s why I wanted to clarify what I couldn’t believe I was hearing lol.

Don't know, haven't sold anything on here, maby one day I'll start listing stuff.
I will buy them from you for the right price, if you're willing to sell. I have the bigrock tires on my Senton and I like them. 🤷‍♂️ They might not be the best handling wise, but the tread lasts forever it seems.

Yeah, so the entire 3S BLX line have mostly interchangeable parts from what I've seen. The Granite and Big Rock having the most in common. So yes, they both use the same shock set up. On my Granite Mega, the shocks are really good. Not to firm or soft. The Big Rock is just too soft. It could be because the Big Rock is heavier, but I can't confirm as I never weighed them. As for this set up, you use the Kraton shocks on the back and Mojave on the front. It's a solid alternative to the Typhon 6s shocks and half the price. But a lot of people say the springs are too strong so that's why I'm going with the Team Associated spring set up.

This car hooks up too well. So the suspension really needs to be tightened up. And although it's not needed, the servo is a little underpowered for short grass. It still does it's job, but I feel like there will be less strain on the front end if the servo can handle things better.

Oh and I had a damn slider drive shaft pop off the rear axle! Check it out below! It's not broken, literally just flew off after riding a looooooong ass wheelie!

View attachment 149462
Is that front or rear kraton shocks for the rear of the big rock ?

I'd just like to point out that I finally got my Mojave shocks in the mail the other day and installed them, but I had to add 3 metal washers to the bottom of the shock where it bolts into the a arm as it rubs against the front drive shafts. I haven't driven it yet so I'll have to test it lightly to make sure all is good. The only issue it could potentially have is rubbing when the wheels are turned. May have to dial the end points back a little.

I'd just like to point out that I finally got my Mojave shocks in the mail the other day and installed them, but I had to add 3 metal washers to the bottom of the shock where it bolts into the a arm as it rubs against the front drive shafts. I haven't driven it yet so I'll have to test it lightly to make sure all is good. The only issue it could potentially have is rubbing when the wheels are turned. May have to dial the end points back a little.
Just put a longer screw and an extra washer so your drive shafts don't rub. I use 4 washers on the bottom front mount and only 1 washer on the bottom rear mount on both my Big Rock and Typhon 3s.

You need some of these body posts stabilizers! I have them on all my RC Cars. You could go aluminum but then taking the risk of breaking the diff. covers/shock towers. View attachment 149743View attachment 149744

(Noob)Those tires, rims & red adapters looks awesome on the Big Rock! Could you PLEASE post links to those items?
Are these on thingiverse?

You need some of these body posts stabilizers! I have them on all my RC Cars. You could go aluminum but then taking the risk of breaking the diff. covers/shock towers. View attachment 149743View attachment 149744

(Noob)Those tires, rims & red adapters looks awesome on the Big Rock! Could you PLEASE post links to those items?
Totally slept on this reply. The wheels are from Pro-Line Racing. They are the Badlands MX28. The adapters on the wheels are Hot Racing 12mm to 17mm hex adapters. Theh come with a 10mm offset and the red locking nuts.

My shocks arrived on the mail today 👌

PXL_20210617_175431166.jpg

Turn the front adjusters all the way up to the top. Turn the rear adjusters down a bit til it levels out.
Thankyou will have a look when I get home
Why are the adjusters all the way up? You use that to adjust your suspension and you have it completely open. Hahaha.
New to the hobby dude just installed them as they came
Why are the adjusters all the way up? You use that to adjust your suspension and you have it completely open. Hahaha.
New to the hobby dude just installed them as they came

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back