Limitless Engineer's Limitless V2 Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineer

🦄💩
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
Might as well start one of these threads for my Limitless V2 build. It's going to be awhile before this build comes to fruition but might as well start documenting it.

I picked up the V2 when Horizon had a 10% off sale so it came out to $386.99.

I knew I wanted a big block motor so I also picked up ARA320722, Sliding Motor Mount Plate 56 Series.

So far the progress has been as follows:
  • Shimmed the front and rear diffs with Mugen E0206 shims
  • Replaced the steering bushing with ball bearings
  • Replaced the non-adjustable steering tube with Hot Racing AON48A02, Servo Saver Tube with Clamping Nut Set
  • Replaced the 23T servo arm with Hot Racing AON48E25, Direct Driver CNC Aluminum Servo Arm 25T
  • Replaced the motor mount flanged button head screws with M4x16mm Flanged Socket Head Screws, Part Number 92235A114 from McMaster-Carr
  • Installed a Futaba R304SB Receiver
I ordered a TP5660 1460 kV which arrived today.

DFD2315E-E554-4901-A439-D321C4F23CFD.jpeg

After installing the 50-series motor plate, it looks like the smallest pinion that will mesh with the 39T spool is a 38T pinion. With a 37T pinion, the mount is all the way in and the mesh is slightly loose. This was a little higher than I wanted to gear it so we'll see what can be worked out.

57B8522C-C3B3-453B-88B9-B77CDDD906F6.jpeg

Still on the list, a servo and an XLX2.

Wow that is much worse than the PPS mount. I ran into similar problems which prompted me to install the pps mount but even with that mount you need at least a 32t iirc to get a mesh with stock 39t spool. I had problems getting my surpass hobbies gears to work the way I wanted but I just realized yesterday that I could buy a separate spool spacer pack and probably get it working while still having the spool over the slot in bottom of chassis.

I have the same exact motor in my v2 as well. I think I'm 30/46 iirc. about 110 mph on 8s

Wow that is much worse than the PPS mount. I ran into similar problems which prompted me to install the pps mount but even with that mount you need at least a 32t iirc to get a mesh with stock 39t spool. I had problems getting my surpass hobbies gears to work the way I wanted but I just realized yesterday that I could buy a separate spool spacer pack and probably get it working while still having the spool over the slot in bottom of chassis.

I have the same exact motor in my v2 as well. I think I'm 30/46 iirc. about 110 mph on 8s

Do you have a link to the spacer pack? I’m going to try a bigger spool gear. Gonna try to make a saga pinion work but the spacing will be different than the Arrma spool gears.

I’m having same issues. MMX8S w/1717 1650 kv. Had spare 27T not even close. User manual pg19 39T Spur (std) list pinion 32T - 52T, so I ordered the 32T as a starting point it came today. Mounted I still have 2 to 2.5 mm gap. Now I’m wondering what is truly the smallest pinion that I can get to actually mesh!!! Pinion is the last step besides paint for the body.

I’m having same issues. MMX8S w/1717 1650 kv. Had spare 27T not even close. User manual pg19 39T Spur (std) list pinion 32T - 52T, so I ordered the 32T as a starting point it came today. Mounted I still have 2 to 2.5 mm gap. Now I’m wondering what is truly the smallest pinion that I can get to actually mesh!!! Pinion is the last step besides paint for the body.

I think 38T based on the 56 series motor mount. I ordered a 46T SAGA pinion to see if I can make that work for the spool.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back