Limitless Kaladeth's Limitless V2 - Technical Race Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Race Weekend #3

Fantastic race day! 🙌🏻 Shaved four seconds off my lap times. 😊 Changes: better tires, some negative camber, a little less caster, a bit more daring. (Decided not to change diff oil for this weekend.)

IMG_791.jpeg

Again no major repairs, even after flipping the cars a few times. 😱

Next biggest gains will have to come from better driving skills… messed up 3 laps in the mains, and can tighten up on all 12 corners.

Target for next practice days: improve consistency, and try to hit sub-20 second lap times.

Finally went about changing the diff oil. This is what the rear diff on Pink One looked like on first open. 😱 Pink Two looked a little better but was not full either.

IMG_0839.jpeg

Set both cars to 1M front, 80k rear. Will expect the car to turn more on power, out of the corner, and more rear drive traction, compared to stock (10k).

Also planning to change the rear shock spring and oil, but this change won’t make it in time for this Saturday’s practice:

ARA330633 40mm 5.6N/sq.m (32 f-lb/in)
80cst / 1k

This should increase rear grip.

Last edited:
Springs swapped out and Pink One is now Red One:

IMG_0924.jpeg

Setup will stay the same between both cars as much as possible (tires, gearing, etc.) so will be interesting to see the difference.

The track is getting a major overhaul too! Stuff to do to setup here but hoping to get some practice in today!

IMG_927.jpeg

Last edited:
Race Weekend #4

IMG_0930.jpeg

Practice last Friday had a few crashes leading to some damage on Pink Two:

* Front Left Lower Suspension Arm (destroyed)
* Front Left Steering Block (cracked)
* Shock Mount Pin (lost)
* Large Head Screw (many many lost 😂)
* Front Splitter (3 damaged)

I was able to share parts between the two cars to continue with practice. 🙌🏻

The LHS didn’t have the right shock mount pins in stock, so I had to make do with a Big Rock pin. Does the job:

IMG_0963.jpeg

Qualifying on Saturday went super smooth. Loving the new track layout! Had a loose pinion during warmup - sorted out with elbow grease. Both cars handled well, temps stayed cool despite the warm weather, and I managed to improve lap times as the day progressed.

IMG_5900.jpeg

The lighter Pink Two seems to be quicker than Red One, so going into Race Day will be the primary car. Looking forward to how fresh tires impact lap times. Good luck to me! 😉

Last edited:
I’ve been really enjoying this thread. I just went back and read the whole thing all over again. Some guys are super secretive about their setups, and it’s great that you’ve listed and shared everything as you’ve progressed.
I’m also quite jealous of your opportunity to even do this in the first place. That track is great. I wish we had something similar in my neck of the woods, but I can’t even find a decent parking lot without curbs or craters.
Again, thanks for this thread. It’s fantastic, man. Well done.

As planned, used Pink Two for the race. Experimented with double ratio during the actual race rounds. 😳 Not ideal but I think it helped with consistency. Did 70% on race 1, 80% on race 2, and back to 100% on race 3.

Lost steering and throttle on race 2 and 3, most probably due to the ESC overheating. 🥵

I bet Red One’s XLX2 would have handled the temps like a champ, just like it did in Q3.

Results:

IMG_5909.jpeg

Was good enough to win 2nd place. 😊 🏆 🙌🏻

Overall pretty pleased with the results. Lap times continue to improve. No major crashes. Just need to sort out and be prepared to handle the temperature issues, with the summer races just around the corner.

Some video of the Arrmas (check out the Infraction!) during qualifying:

Planned changes:
* Improve airflow
* Install harder servo saver springs
* Experiment with double ratio some more
* Experiment with drag brake

🚨 ⚠️ If you are in or around the Bay Area, would really love to have you come out and try the track! Or even plan to fly in for one of the races. Let me know!

As planned, used Pink Two for the race. Experimented with double ratio during the actual race rounds. 😳 Not ideal but I think it helped with consistency. Did 70% on race 1, 80% on race 2, and back to 100% on race 3.

Lost steering and throttle on race 2 and 3, most probably due to the ESC overheating. 🥵

I bet Red One’s XLX2 would have handled the temps like a champ, just like it did in Q3.

Results:

View attachment 362651

Was good enough to win 2nd place. 😊 🏆 🙌🏻

Overall pretty pleased with the results. Lap times continue to improve. No major crashes. Just need to sort out and be prepared to handle the temperature issues, with the summer races just around the corner.

Some video of the Arrmas (check out the Infraction!) during qualifying:

Planned changes:
* Improve airflow
* Install harder servo saver springs
* Experiment with double ratio some more
* Experiment with drag brake

🚨 ⚠️ If you are in or around the Bay Area, would really love to have you come out and try the track! Or even plan to fly in for one of the races. Let me know!
Congrats on the middle podium seat! 🎉🎊👍🍾
That’s awesome, man! And hey, with your growing experience on that track coupled with your very regimented and systematic approach you’re going to be the man to beat there in very short order!

New servo saver springs installed:

IMG_0990.jpeg

And more ventilation holes done:

IMG_0992.jpeg

Will see if this improves temps!

Have been running with PMT tires so far and am happy with them, but I ordered some treaded GRPs, so looking forward to trying those out too.

Back