Kraton Esc and motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liep

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I have ä brand new kraton 6s blx and Many people told me to Go for Castle creations Esc and Motor as the Stock one that comes with the car burns out very quick. Is that true

I have ä brand new kraton 6s blx and Many people told me to Go for Castle creations Esc and Motor as the Stock one that comes with the car burns out very quick. Is that true
That is not true. The steering servo is weak and will probably die but the motor and esc are good to go.

Used the spectrum smart esc 150 And misspoke the motor is still original. Many on here have used the hobby wing combo. Max6 I believe just make sure it’s 6 s capable

The max 6 is 8s capable. If you are looking for the stock specs you want the max 8 if you are looking for reliability then you need to look at castle. The stock motor is a beast and have ran mine on 8s many times.

Savox makes a great servo, and it seems like money isn't an issue, so id go with that. Personally i spent less than half on a 35kg DSservo on Amazon and it has outperformed and outlasted stock, maybe i just got lucky. Hobbywing is a pretty terrible company that has a stranglehold on the esc market. Buy from anyone but hobbywing and you will be happy. Castle is similarly priced with better service and reliability.

I bought a set of Kraton 8S electronics from JRC for my Mojave. Relatively competitive pricing.

As others have mentioned, the 8S ESC is basically a HW Max 6 (diff firmware), and 8S motor is a 4685 1250 KV. You will need a bigger pinion to achieve similar speed to your existing setup - I also bought a 27T infraction pinion from JRC to this end :)

stock motor? 8s? wow. how was the heat? Might have to try the max 6.
Temps were ok. The motor will only pull what it can pull. It's the rpm you have to worry about. It will run like a beast just don't run it full throttle more then a couple seconds. I just bash around the jumps no speed runs with it.

As mentioned, the stock motor/esc work fine for many until you start gearing up or adding a lot of heavy parts to it. I ran the stock blx185/2050kv in my outcast for over a year without many issues. I had to gear it down a bit since I run heavier tires than stock, but otherwise, the system worked well for me.

I just replaced the esc with a max6 so I could hopefully gear it a tooth or two taller. I run in grass most of the time and between that and the trenchers, I couldn't gear above a 13T pinion or it would overheat on me after 13-14 minutes of solid running. With a 13T, I was able to finish a full set of packs without issue.

When I put in the max6, I didn't change the motor, only changed to a 14T pinion. Have yet to run it though.

As mentioned, the stock motor/esc work fine for many until you start gearing up or adding a lot of heavy parts to it. I ran the stock blx185/2050kv in my outcast for over a year without many issues. I had to gear it down a bit since I run heavier tires than stock, but otherwise, the system worked well for me.

I just replaced the esc with a max6 so I could hopefully gear it a tooth or two taller. I run in grass most of the time and between that and the trenchers, I couldn't gear above a 13T pinion or it would overheat on me after 13-14 minutes of solid running. With a 13T, I was able to finish a full set of packs without issue.

When I put in the max6, I didn't change the motor, only changed to a 14T pinion. Have yet to run it though.
Go try it out! ? and let me know :)
Currently thinking about the same as it gets a little too hot for comfort in my area. ESC will just shut down due to heat unless I stay on stock pinion.

I have the same setup in my erbev2 now as well, but didn't get much time on it before the ambient temps dropped to 50F or less late last fall. It's lighter than the outcast though. Harder to control at full tilt. I run the same tires on both.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back