Kraton Esc fault?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAH

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi guys.
Just got myself a kraton 6s and it's amazing. However the other day the servo just stopped working. I purchased another one and it lasted 10 seconds. The moment it stops i notice the esc fan is spinning super fast but then returns to normal.It's still under warranty but modelsport aren't being very helpful.
Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Welcome to AF.
What exact servo did you replace stock with. What is the advertised BEC voltage specs for your specific servo. If you have a volt meter and can handle measurng the BEC output of your ESC, that would help. The BLX185 ESC BEC volts (power supplied to the servo)should be 6.0 volts for starters. :cool:

Hi.
It's a DS3225 HV operating 5-7.4v. Picked it as it was recommended on an arrma forum. I don't have a meter but i can purchase one. The fan spinning super fast makes me think it's chucking out a higher voltage?
Welcome to AF.
What exact servo did you replace stock with. What is the advertised BEC voltage specs for your specific servo. If you have a volt meter and can handle measurng the BEC output of your ESC, that would help. The BLX185 ESC BEC volts (power supplied to the servo)should be 6.0 volts for starters. :cool:
Just been to have a check, as you do and ive noticed the esc is flashing a green light 4 times. Is it dead?
Thanks

Last edited:
Is the new DS servo making any hum, buzzing or noise, or just dead/no response? Does the servo move easily by hand?? With no resistance throughout its range. A properly working servo should not impact the BEC amperage output. (3 amps) Higher than normal amp draw of a failed servo will/can cause the fan to slow down a bit. Both Fan and servo both work off of the ESC's BEC 6.0v/3amp circuit. Plenty of power enough.
Probably Not an ESC issue. Usually not. That servo gets good reviews in general. But I have received bad "out of box" servos in the past, Including Savox and other expensive brands. Can you test that servo in another rig? I have a $6. servo testor on hand for situations like that. Maybe a LHS can test it for you. Usually free of charge. Its process of elimination. I have even seen radio receivers fail causing no response of a servo. Rare, but possible.
Check all your wire connections....

Hi
Servo worked fine in the back garden on 3s during a test. Then went to use it today with the 6s in and our was gone in 20s. No noise at all, and the servo turns freely. Same happened to the stock one on Monday.
Only thing i noticed was the fan spinning really fast. Just been to check and it now had 4 green lights flashing in the esc?
Thanks for your advice and time. Only had the car 6 weeks so pulling my hair out lol.

Hi.
It's a DS3225 HV operating 5-7.4v. Picked it as it was recommended on an arrma forum. I don't have a meter but i can purchase one. The fan spinning super fast makes me think it's chucking out a higher voltage?

Just been to have a check, as you do and ive noticed the esc is flashing a green light 4 times. Is it dead?
Thanks
Besides no servo response, do you have any TH response at the radio????? If not the ESC may bricked. There's a way to check it, but you also need a voltmeter set to the Continuity setting. If no TH response, first rebind your radio to the receiver and recalibrate the radio to your ESC. See if that works.

4 green flashes is a problem. It could be your ESC after all. I had that happen and it took me multiple resets (at least a dozen) and recalibrations (with the motor disconnected) to get it to work again.

The th did work earlier but then i didn't see the flashing lights. I've only just noticed tbe light and now no throttle response.
Is it worth trying to reset it or just send it back as under warranty. Do you think this is blowing the servos now?
Cheers

Time to get an electrical tester to check the voltage and for shorts.
The only time I've ever burnt a servo like that was with Vdc shorting onto the signal pin.

I don't feel it necessarily is blowing the servo. Check this video out.

But call HH and see about a warranty replacement ESC. This is abnormal. Hopefully the video above can help. This never happened to me. I had other issues with my stock ESC's, like fire and blown FET's.
Try to reset it, but call HH to get a replacement anyway. You have a fresh new 2 year warranty there... (y) :cool:
Edit: check out my Thread below. But you need a cheap digital volt meter. Just a standard item most RC'ers have in their tool box.

Last edited:
Whats Vdc?
I will try the reset in the video and see what happens. Just don't want to put a 3rd servo in and it happens again.
I will invest in the voltage meter though. Cheers for your advice guys.

If your esc isnt faulty I reckon the 3 wire cable coming from your esc might be pinched where it routes under the tray and is shorting either into neg or signal.

I once had the 4 green flashing lights thing and tried everything to reset with no joy. It was only after plugging in a lipo with a different cell count that it reset.. go figure..

Vdc is just Voltage direct current. ie your bec's DC output.

Vdc= Volts DC ( just volts)
If your esc isnt faulty I reckon the 3 wire cable coming from your esc migh be pinched where it routes under the tray and is shorting either into neg or signal.

I once had the 4 green flashing lights thing and tried everything to reset with no joy. It was only after plugging in a lipo with a different cell count that it reset.. go figure..
Same here went up to 6S from using 4s and I got 4 greens. My problem was NOT servo related at all however. In general a single flashing green is Thermal Cut while bashing. But servo will always remain operational. Just no TH till the ESC cools down. You can power off the esc and on again to speed up Thermal cutoff resetting after an initial few minutes of cool down with fan(s) operational, BTW. But I don't want to confuse the OP. Baby steps. :cool:

This is exactly 100% the same problem I had with my 6s rig, tried everything what all ppl have mentioned on here
Your ESC is bricked 100%, just dig in with Modelsport and fight your corner mate. Its Logic RC in the UK who are the distributors and they wont warranty anything, or try their very hardest not too. I ended up with a MAX 8 replacement from Wheelspin. Arrma warranty in UK is crap.

Stand your ground is right. 2 year warranty is just that. But I heard of warranty horror stories all over the EU (outside of the States) I don't get that. Maybe thats why Arrma is not as popular outside the US???? Demand is so much more here in the states. It even seems inventory is more plentiful here despite current parts train issues here and abroad.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back