Everyday emails

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they still make a 2200kv sensorless motor for Axial - at least they make reference to it in the ad copy. Bought one when Tower was having a sale on it and it works quite well:

https://www.axialadventure.com/product/vanguard-xl-2200kv-brushless-motor/AXIC2403.html
I wasn't aware that motor was still in production. As far as I know that is the only one they make that isn't sensored, but the motor can is a different color, the Chinese motors are all green like the real Castle motors.

Castle even sent out a consumer alert about the Chinese motors https://home.castlecreations.com/blog/2015/03/consumer-alert-counterfeit-castle-creations-motors
I'd be game to try one of those motors, but no thanks on the spam,LOL.
FWIW, you can get a 4076 off amazonia for $50 with free shipping..and no spam!!🤣🤣

View attachment 256428

This is my biggest gripe with a lot of the Chinese motors, I always put a piece of aluminum or Gorilla tape over the end of the motor can to keep poop out of the rear bearing.

qwrewtyryrsfhled.jpg

Last edited:
But you could get that endcap bearing out without bread :)
Yeah it does have it's advantages and disadvantages. Maybe if they included a little rubber plug or something.

I wasn't aware that motor was still in production. As far as I know that is the only one they make that isn't sensored, but the motor can is a different color, the Chinese motors are all green like the real Castle motors.

Castle even sent out a consumer alert about the Chinese motors https://home.castlecreations.com/blog/2015/03/consumer-alert-counterfeit-castle-creations-motors

This is my biggest gripe with a lot of the Chinese motors, I always put a piece of aluminum or Gorilla tape over the end of the motor can to keep poop out of the rear bearing.

View attachment 256500
I understand what you're saying and why, I haven't had any issues with them yet. The Surpass 4092 I just took out after a year of use had a bad front(output) end bearing but the rear seemed fine. That one was run in snow as well as dusty clay in the summer.

I understand what you're saying and why, I haven't had any issues with them yet. The Surpass 4092 I just took out after a year of use had a bad front(output) end bearing but the rear seemed fine. That one was run in snow as well as dusty clay in the summer.

I don't get it the dirt here just eats bearings. I rebuilt a Trinity Speed Gems II brushed motor for my Team Associated RC10B2 the bearings in it were dead by the end of the first pack I put through it.

I don't get it the dirt here just eats bearings. I rebuilt a Trinity Speed Gems II brushed motor for my Team Associated RC10B2 the bearings in it were dead by the end of the first pack I put through it.
IDK, maybe the soil in your region is just that fine, powdery and abrasive? I have run motors both sealed and unsealed. Haven't really noticed much difference. My 4092 had evidence of water having gotten into it (rust), and there was a bit of dust buildup on the inside of the end bells..maybe I'm wrong and should be sealing them up?🤔 I put "new old" bearings from my brother's cooked E revo motor in it..they looked good, spun nice, so, a couple dabs of Acer sin lube and it's back together. Not sure what to do with the 4092, good motor, just more power than I need.🤣🤣

Never get those emails but the motors look like they are better built than some of the new RTR's offer like plastic end bells (i.e the new traxxsucks XRT).
I agree, that is straight cheesy. Like the overall truck, but they do cheese out on stuff.. sad part is that under HH ownership, Arrma seems to be copying them..😔

I agree, that is straight cheesy. Like the overall truck, but they do cheese out on stuff.. sad part is that under HH ownership, Arrma seems to be copying them..😔
These RTR manufacturers all know that "most" will be replacing all the stock electronics BUT, it should also be reflected in their pricing. If you cheap out on electronics and keep the same type of pricing, that's just straight gouging. Does Feigao even make traxxsucks motors anymore? These china no name motors all look like they are better built just from pictures.

These RTR manufacturers all know that "most" will be replacing all the stock electronics BUT, it should also be reflected in their pricing. If you cheap out on electronics and keep the same type of pricing, that's just straight gouging. Does Feigao even make traxxsucks motors anymore? These china no name motors all look like they are better built just from pictures.
No idea who makes them..and I agree, just look at the prices on TRX or Speculum electronics..sums it up!! I mean seriously, even JRC gets a small fortune for junk TRX motors and esc's!! A Firma 160a from JRC costs as much as a Max6 retails for? And these are JRC prices, retail on Vilenion junk is absurd!! Goes to show what the average customer knows..🤣🤣
FWIW, my bro was going to buy a Vilenion for his Erevo after the stock motor overheated and the epoxy that holds the windings let go, shorting the motor leads against one another..
I was like what!? Buy another? For THAT price!? You stupid er somethin? LOL Got him a Surpass 4076 2000kv for like $60..guess what? More powerful than the Vilenion!!🤣🤣
TBH, at a glance, they look identical..the giveaway with the Vilenion is the plastic endbell!!🤣🤣

Last edited:
I wouldn't say most but a hell of a lot of us do and would prefer rollers but it looks like Arrma is doing away with those......

I wouldn't say most but a hell of a lot of us do and would prefer rollers but it looks like Arrma is doing away with those......
I'd love to see bashers offered as kits, like they do with race rigs. I'm in the minority obviously.. We can still dream,right? LOL 🍻

I'd love to see bashers offered as kits, like they do with race rigs. I'm in the minority obviously.. We can still dream,right? LOL 🍻
Kingblitz or whatever his name is made a thread about how more bashers should be available as kits.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back