Kraton EXB Main Diff Gear (rear) keeps breaking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dimsdale

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I need some help! I run this car hard, but still.... my main rear diff gear keeps getting the teeth worn off in sections. Pics below.
I can't figure out if this is bc I need to add more shim on the left to make a tighter mesh, or is this bc the mesh is too tight already?
Any suggestions much appreciated!

20230823_161915.jpg

Try shimming the input gear. Should be able to find some threads on that issue. And you can try youtube.

Something else to consider is the plastic gear boxes deform a bit over time do to stress. If even after shimming the gear mesh is still sloppy you might want to consider replacing your gearboxes as well.

Correct , I've often found when doing fluid changes diff housings cracked inside along the wall of the screw pocket . Always changed housing when I found that before ultimately going aluminum . 1 year and probly 25 bashes and still on the same input/ring combo . That goes for my 6s AND 8s rigs

I'm not an aluminum gearbox lover but I run a Vitavon in the rear on my Kraton and it makes a difference. The truck doesn't eat ring gears any more.

Ah! I should have mentioned. I'm running Hot Racing aluminum rear (and front) diff cases. I don't when I replace the ring gear, I don't always replace the input gear. Depends on if I can visually see any defect or wear on the input gear. But I've been eying the vivaton steering rig already, as am tired of replacing the red connector bar at like $20 a time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back