Outcast Main Differential and Input Gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
Hi,

On my last outing over the weekend i stripped both the main input gear and the main differential gear simultaneously. I have been looking at getting the two new gears and it's coming in at just over £53 or $67. This seems a little expensive, especially if it ends up being a re-occurring issue. So my question is, are there any upgrades or other options for these two parts, or do i just replace with standard, shim it all up correctly and continue to run the truck and just suck it up as the cost of maintenance when it goes again?.
It currently has non-exb diffs.

I’ve yet to strip a pinion or crown gear, but I usually run my trucks on 4s. Proper shimming, obviously, is key.
My Mojave EXB is the only rig in my stable that gets run exclusively on 6s, but I’ve never had diff issues with that either.
That price seems crazy, though. Check your Euro breakers? You can get the whole diff assembly with everything from Jenny’s for less than $40.00
https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...ferential-front-rear-outcast-kraton-ara8611v5

That's a really good question bud, mine are very worn out as well as the spur gear. It's about 120€ or 1/5 of the whole Kraton price...totally CRAZY.
I'm gonna try some chinese knockoffs or order from Jenny's, even with import duties they will stil be a lot cheaper!

Alloy is much better for thermal expansion and heat dissipation rigidity in cups and bulkheads. Provided you don't lose a bearing on the inputs or outputs and keep going, the ring and input pinions will be robust and bulletproof with the proper initial mesh/backlash. Blx output pins and drive cups will be your next weak point that can be remedied with EXB 2.5mm sets right away.

Composite is cheap, light, and throwaway RTR assembly.

Managed to find a breakers with c complete unit in stock for £53.99. So still cost me the same, but at least i have some spare parts with it now as well.

I opted for the standard open set-up, more because it was all i could find available than anything else. Maybe next time/if it blows again i will swap for a lsd, an exb or an exb lsd.

Another reason why I went with the EXB version of the Outcast. The stronger GP4 diffs have been solid after a lot if skate park bashing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back