Mojave Exb or RTR mojave?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see the extra weight of small 4s batteries. They are actually smaller than some of my 3s batteries so go figure. The Max 6 and 1600kv HW combo isn't that heavy either 🤔. Maybe like you said, the droop screw settings might be off since this used Mojave EXB has been tampered with, including the removal of the rear sway bars for some reason.
To me the extra 6 or seven oz an 8s setup could be is considerable IMO. Not splitting hairs or being any weight weenie about it. Not at all.
An 8s ESC is heavier, as well as adding 2 more cells. Depends on Mah capacaity of course. Not all, but many 8s motors are heavier as well. Factor in much of the alloy upgrade parts, even some heavy wheels and it is easy to add a pound or 2 + to any rig. Sometimes spring rates need to be changed as a result. Why Arrma offers them as option parts.

To me the extra 6 or seven oz an 8s setup could be is considerable IMO. Not splitting hairs or being any weight weenie about it. Not at all.
An 8s ESC is heavier, as well as adding 2 more cells. Depends on Mah capacaity of course. Not all, but many 8s motors are heavier as well. Factor in much of the alloy upgrade parts, even some heavy wheels and it is easy to add a pound or 2 + to any rig. Sometimes spring rates need to be changed as a result. Why Arrma offers them as option parts.
I agree, however slight the weight difference, it is often noticable. Switching between 4 and 6s in my exb mojave(same esc/motor) I can definitely see and feel the difference in handling.

I've been running it on 5s.. I'm sure it's a miniscule difference in weight but due to the battery inventory I have, it affords me more sets to run by mixing them.
I did buy a max6 and rocket 4092 for my mojave but took it right back out because I didn't like the way it drove..to each their own✌️

^^^ +1
Honestly, I admire guys willing to run 5s. Sometimes I find myself wanting to try 5s. I run 4s alot. And by comparison to 6s, I find the rig handles much nicer. 5s seems like it could be just right sometimes. Power to weight ratio would seem just right.
I believe it can be a sweet spot for sure as long as your ESC can run a 5s.
I wish the Lipo industry was more adaptive to 5s lipos. 3s+2s in series is all we have for the most part. And RTR ESC's don't consider 5s voltages as an option.:( And most chargers don't recognize 5s packs.

^^^ +1
Honestly, I admire guys willing to run 5s. Sometimes I find myself wanting to try 5s. I run 4s alot. And by comparison to 6s, I find the rig handles much nicer. 5s seems like it could be just right sometimes. Power to weight ratio would seem just right.
I believe it can be a sweet spot for sure as long as your ESC can run a 5s.
I wish the Lipo industry was more adaptive to 5s lipos. 3s+2s in series is all we have for the most part. And RTR ESC's don't consider 5s voltages as an option.:(
I wish 5s got more consideration as well.
TBH, with the Hobao rtr esc that's in my mojave I had to shut off lvc for 5s.. I know, bad idea..
Have to really pay attention to throttle response so I don't over discharge, but haven't had any issues thus far.. I might be a bit of a cowboy when it comes to safety 😜

^^^ +1
The harder tool steel of M2C just becomes more brittle at some point. Pick your poison after trying the M2C variants versus stockers. What works for you. One or the other.
Improper Droop is usually the cause IMO, if not user driving error. Or the sheer power of 8s and the extra weight that it brings. And the extra weight of 8s usually needs firmer spring sets. Or Arm over compression ( w/weaker spring rates) can cause this as well. Many overlook this. Depends how you bash in the end.
Just me.
:cool:
Well after checking the arms where the drive cup broke, there's no droop screw. Yeah that's not good . I'm going to order some. My fault for not checking. It came like that used. I'm also going to install the rear center dog bone since the stock one bent with my jumps.

20211203_142556.jpg
20211203_141857.jpg

You should be ashamed of yourself mister! How dare you get mud on that OFF ROAD truck!!🤣
Looks like wet sawdust,lol.
I say this is what they're for☝️👌
That's from the small baseball field. The grass was a bit wet from the morning mist. The Mojave underneath all that was brand new and the electronics too. I didn't even jump it that day and I still had a blast 🤣👍👍

Went to with my friend and played with the EXB Mojave on 8s. This thing is just INSANE on 8s and I must admit that I love it. I even jumped it off my friend's huge ramp. It was doing backflips like nothing. I wasn't planning on doing big jumps, but I saw all the extra control in the air due to the 8s power. Even with the small stock tires, it rotates like a MT 🤣. I'm going to try the same jumps on 6s next time Check it out :

I'm going to put the Max 6, 1650KV HW Mojave against the MMX8S 1717 motor Mojave. Same stock tires and same gearing at 23t pinion. It should be interesting. I'm using the sensor this time on the Castle system and the Bluetooth link module
20211212_133903.jpg
20211216_104226.jpg
20211216_130709.jpg
20211216_131142.jpg
20211216_132227.jpg

After jumping my EXB Mojave either with the Castle or HW systems on 6s, I can say for sure that there's more control in the air while on 8s with the stock tires. But for driving around without huge jumps, 6s is better. I got exactly 47mph on grass with the Castle system. So the speed between the Castle and HW were exactly the same so far on 6s in grass with the 23t pinion. I installed new bearings on the older Mojave and the right front iner one fell apart. Not sure if that was my fault. I'm still impressed by how durable the Mojave is. I landed upside down during a big jump and all that got damaged was the body (cracks). Working on the video.

20211217_092749.jpg
Screenshot_20211217-094855_GNSS PA.jpg
20211217_141900.jpg

Many of my bearings have died in that manner. Just part of the game.
Advice of the day, don't land upside down!

upside down nascar GIF by SB Nation
Hehe. My thoughts after big jumps on 6s. Hobbywing vs Castle systems included. My friend swept the floor with me today during drag racing :

Many of my bearings have died in that manner. Just part of the game.
Advice of the day, don't land upside down!

upside down nascar GIF by SB Nation
Mojave EXB Hobbywing jumps vs Castle jumps on 6s. This truck is TOUGH

Mojave EXB Hobbywing jumps vs Castle jumps on 6s. This truck is TOUGH

Awesome 👍 big air man!! I guess data and longevity maybe for castle? No offense to the castle fans, but I know where I'd go for the motor/esc.
Great content, where dat wide maxx 2.0?
Be cool to see some sends off that ramp with it🤘
After jumping my EXB Mojave either with the Castle or HW systems on 6s, I can say for sure that there's more control in the air while on 8s with the stock tires. But for driving around without huge jumps, 6s is better. I got exactly 47mph on grass with the Castle system. So the speed between the Castle and HW were exactly the same so far on 6s in grass with the 23t pinion. I installed new bearings on the older Mojave and the right front iner one fell apart. Not sure if that was my fault. I'm still impressed by how durable the Mojave is. I landed upside down during a big jump and all that got damaged was the body (cracks). Working on the video.

View attachment 186803View attachment 186804View attachment 186805
Seems Arrma sacrificed inner bearing life for stronger axles? Not a bad trade-off IMO, bearings are cheap enough..

Awesome 👍 big air man!! I guess data and longevity maybe for castle? No offense to the castle fans, but I know where I'd go for the motor/esc.
Great content, where dat wide maxx 2.0?
Be cool to see some sends off that ramp with it🤘

Seems Arrma sacrificed inner bearing life for stronger axles? Not a bad trade-off IMO, bearings are cheap enough..
Maxx 2.0 video is up. I lost some footage, but it's good enough for a video. Yeah the Castle fan lasted like 1 run. TBH the Max 5 and Max 6 esc fans break too. I replace them with powerhobby ones and problem solved. The bearing is an aftermarket one. What I've noticed is that it's very thin on the sides, like the older Xmaxx inner ones. No biggie. It was brand new too. What like about the Castle system a bit better is the control on the fly with the Bluetooth module, you can put more voltage on some servos, the control that it gives you sensored like with cutting things off when motor gets too hot (when you set it up), the smooth take off sensored, and the data logging thing that I haven't even tried yet.

Ran the Castle on 8s today and I still get better rotation in the air and better acceleration out of the Max 6 and 1650KV on 8s Vs the MMX8S 1717. I thought they would be equal, but I feel that the HW stuff has more torque? Same gearing, same tires and batteries.
I went with the M2C shock standoffs since I broke one in the last run. I'll change them as they break. I also installed the 3d rc front bumper support. Way thicker and more flexible than stock

20220107_210901.jpg
20220107_211633.jpg
20220105_163627.jpg
20220105_163501.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back