Typhon Extremely stubborn grub screw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sxndrog18

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey y’all was trying to unscrew this grub screw today and ended up stripping it. A lot of people have recommended using a blow torch to loosen the thread locker however I don’t want to melt the plastic gear shaft cover. Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated!

37C0BEDB-4BC4-4876-84E4-9A60463BA44B.jpeg

Try to find a torx bit that is JUST over sized and using a smaller hammer or something tap it in to the grub.....

I understand it is not a torx head grub, the shape of the torx tends to let the oversized bit to get forced in and jams up nicely.

This is what I do 100% of the time I have stripped hex heads/grubs and it works a treat every time. I keep cheap driver sets around for this.

This design is so stupid. To fix the issue of no threadlock sometimes they decided to make a plastic cup wo if they didnt put enough threadlock the plastic will prevent the grub screw from fully backing out and losing drive. If its flooded with threadlock☠️

Use heat..!! It's Arrma's way of having you buy more parts you don't need.......😉
Those plastic cup covers serve no purpose what so EVER..!!!

You know.. On my knife forums I spent years watching folks complain about the use of thread lock. So eventually the manufacturer stopped using it.
Now everyone complains about thier 200-500$ knives falling apart due to the lack of thread lock 😁
Damned if they do, damned if they don't 🤣

Have you tried a soldering iron and an extractor?

I’m thinking of using a soldering iron to heat the thread lock and then use a drill bit extractor. What do you guys think? I thank the experts in advance 😁

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back